Esteemed Contributor

Re: Who's Still Flying & Who's Not: A Definitive List

@ScrapHappy wrote:

My husband was supposed to go to Texas not week.  That's been canceled.  My cousin and her husband left for Africa last Thursday.  I'm worried about them.

@ScrapHappy My husband and I went on a fantastic safari vacation to South Africa in January.  We also went to Cape Town.  We got back on Jan. 31, and I immediately got sick.  Could it have been the virus?  I don't know.  I had a bad headache for days, then muscle aches, then a fever and diarrhea for three days.  I did not have a cough or shortness of breath.  My nurse friend kept urging me to go the ER, but I hate going there, so I didn't.  I got better on my own, but I was sick for over a week.  Two long flights to get home, so who knows what I picked up.  But we loved South Africa and want to go back again.  I hope your cousin and husband have a great time.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Respected Contributor

@Puppy Lips wrote:

@ScrapHappy wrote:

My husband was supposed to go to Texas not week.  That's been canceled.  My cousin and her husband left for Africa last Thursday.  I'm worried about them.

@ScrapHappy My husband and I went on a fantastic safari vacation to South Africa in January.  We also went to Cape Town.  We got back on Jan. 31, and I immediately got sick.  Could it have been the virus?  I don't know.  I had a bad headache for days, then muscle aches, then a fever and diarrhea for three days.  I did not have a cough or shortness of breath.  My nurse friend kept urging me to go the ER, but I hate going there, so I didn't.  I got better on my own, but I was sick for over a week.  Two long flights to get home, so who knows what I picked up.  But we loved South Africa and want to go back again.  I hope your cousin and husband have a great time.

She said she need a visa for each providence they went to but that now visa's are being denied.

Highlighted
Valued Contributor

my son just flew and only 20 people on plane. bought tickets to seattle in october. hopefully be over by then. 

Honored Contributor

My daughter & her girlfriends have plans to fly to Cancun end of June.  To date, they have not cancelled their trip.  It's a wait & see game.

If they have to cancel, it will be no problem as everything was done through a travel agent.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Respected Contributor

Simply not worth the risk to fly in a germ filled metal tube in my opinion.  Saw on CNN that the virus sticks to metals more than fabric.

Respected Contributor

@Reever wrote:

Simply not worth the risk to fly in a germ filled metal tube in my opinion.  Saw on CNN that the virus sticks to metals more than fabric.

Yes, we know you wouldn't fly. Because you've told us OVER and OVER and OVER and OVER and OVER, all the while throwing insults at those who may see it differently. We get it. You don't travel. So why keep coming to a TRAVEL forum and throwing rocks at those who do? It's tiresome, and quite frankly, inappropriate. 

~The more someone needs to brag about how wonderful, special, successful, wealthy or important they are, the greater the likelihood that it isn't true. ~

Esteemed Contributor

@FrostyBabe1  As far as I'm concerned, it's baiting and argumentative and, thus, against forum rules.  I like your word - it's tiresome.

Honored Contributor

We have a family party scheduled for June and frankly for $11 I will wait and see the updates given.  I figured I'd just buy the tickets ... I'll never see these fares again!!!

047B79BF-6755-4BAF-B88F-24F4FC018D53.jpeg

Esteemed Contributor

@homedecor1  What airline is that?  I can't remember poster's names - are you the one that goes on Spirit because schedule changes aren't an issue for you?

It's an unbelievable price, if one is able to take advantage!  Hope it works out for you.

Honored Contributor

@Alter Ego 

Frontier.  I do not buy any seat and only carry under the seat bag.  even if I wanted to adding those options would be $32.

I decided to buy my August flight today.  Round trip I paid $21.14