Respected Contributor

Which chain hotels do you prefer?

My husband and I are doing more driving north and south on I-77 and I-75.

We belong to the Hampton Inn rewards program but see so many new chains along the way.

We recently tried Drury Inn and really liked it. Not too amny of them on our route though.

We are looking just for one night on the road type place with complimentary breakfast.

Anyone have any suggestions for new chains to try. Maybe around $100-$130. We paid almost $150.00 to stay at a Hampton Inn in Ohio last night. It was fine just kind of worn looking. Pool doesn't matter at all.

Thank you!!!

Honored Contributor

Re: Which chain hotels do you prefer?

I travel a lot for work and stay mostly at Marriotts and Crownes but it really varies property to property.  I have no found any consistency in brand, other than the art work and fake egg breakfasts ;o)

I like the Microtels, they are owned by Wyndham.  Bare bones, tiny and perfect for spending the night on the road.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

We travel with a dog so we usually stop at La Quinta.  The rooms can be a bit run down occasionally but the beds are comfy.  I’m enrolled in their awards program and earn a free night every so often.  

Honored Contributor

If there are at least two families or three, we love Marriott Residence Inn suites. When we go to Branson we always stay at the Best Western.

Respected Contributor

I am partial to hotels that offer free breakfast. Embassy Suites by Hilton is a top choice for me. Besides great customer service, they offer an outstanding free breakfast (made-to-order omelettes, hash browns, eggs, bagels, pastries, fruit, cereal, etc.). Plus, the suites are spacious, includes a bedroom and a livingroom area. Not to mention a refrigerator and microwave. What more could you ask for? 

Respected Contributor

@wonderfulworld wrote:

We belong to the Hampton Inn rewards program but see so many new chains along the way.

We recently tried Drury Inn and really liked it. Not too amny of them on our route though.

We are looking just for one night on the road type place with complimentary breakfast.

Anyone have any suggestions for new chains to try. Maybe around $100-$130. We paid almost $150.00 to stay at a Hampton Inn in Ohio last night. It was fine just kind of worn looking. Pool doesn't matter at all.

Thank you!!!

Respected Contributor

@wonderfulworld wrote:

Thank you!!!

We belong to Holiday Inn Express rewards program.  The first time we stayed at one was in Savannah GA and it was really nice.  Second time was in NJ over Thanksgiving and that was also nice. Third time was in Virginia and they upgraded us to Presidential suite.  All nice and clean.

Honored Contributor

I usually go for Marriott.  I know what to expect (no nasty surprises) and their beds & bathrooms are usually very clean.

Valued Contributor

I prefer Marriott, and highly recommend them.

Respected Contributor

I prefer Marriott. This past winter my husband was in icu 60+ miles from home. I started out staying at Microtel and was satisfied with them until I went back after being at the hospital all day, let myself into my room only to find the next morning when I went to check that they had checked me out the day before! My bag was left in the closet. Obviously they never looked. The key card still worked. I could have walked in on someone if they'd given someone the room. After going home for a couple days I opted for the Marriott when I went back. Very satisfied with them.