Esteemed Contributor

Re: Where should I go?

[ Edited ]

@Travone: Two other places you didn't mention that I recommend:  South Korea and (especially) Taiwan.  Taiwan 's Gorge area has IMHO the best museum in the world: The National Palace Museum, where Chiang Kai Chek huge load of loot pillaged from China is displayed.  It is amazing (especially the Jade and the porcelain).  Easily beats collections in Shanghai and Beijing as well as Topkapi and British Museum!

Respected Contributor

@Travone....I took a cruise around Cuba last Holiday season with the group Road Scholar. We stopped in 3 cities and toured each. It was an amazing trip and I highly reccoommend it. I like that we didn't have to worry about hotel rooms as the infrastructure leaves something to be desired on the island and I do like my ameneties. The people are warm and friendly and proud of where  they come from. It was a remarkable perspective to learn about. I've found that no matter where you travel, either here or abroad, is to approach each location with an open mind and heart. The rewards are overwhelming.

'I refuse to engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed man'.......Unknown
Honored Contributor

@Travone wrote:

World Traveler - Thank you so much for the information on Rwanda.  I don't know anyone who's actually been there so it's great to get first hand information.

@Travone If you want/need more information, don't hesitate to ask. Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

@reiki604  Thanks for the information, I will look into Road Scholar.  I would prefer a cruise to Cuba because it is a small island, and I really don't want to spend time packing and unpacking from city to city if it can be avoided.

Respected Contributor

@patbz  Thanks for the suggestions.  I do want to go to Korea some day (especially North Korea).  With only 12 days total, I don't think I want that long plane ride this year.  I'm on the eastern end of the midwest and with airport layovers (can't go anywhere direct from my city), I think it will take too much time.....but I will look into it.  Thanks!

Trusted Contributor
You have been to do many fabulous places, I await your final decision.
Happiness is ALWAYS an inside job,
Don't assign anyone else that much POWER
in your life!!!