Esteemed Contributor

Re: When does your vacation "begin"

@Kachina624 wrote:

I'd say mine begins when I start having fun. 

That sounds like an everyday event!!  🍻😄

Honored Contributor

Hmmm, good question.  Think for me it's partly when I leave work but I really relax and feel I'm truly on my way, when I get to the airport.   If I'm driving somewhere, it's when I take off from home.

Honored Contributor

I relax once my bags are checked.  Security isn't an issue with TSA Pre-Check, the lines are shorter and faster.  The stressful line for me is getting my bag checked.  I've almost missed two flights because of it.  

Once my bags are checked, I'm home free.  After I get out of Security I buy a good old fashioned newspaper and do the crossword and other puzzles and begin to relax.  It is a treat to have time to do those.  It always feels like a waste of time at home when I have so many other things I can be doing besides a crossword puzzle.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Valued Contributor

Mine starts when I am seating in the limo taking me to the airport.

Trusted Contributor

I'm jealous, I pray to see retirment in good health, mind and spirit.

Happiness is ALWAYS an inside job,
Don't assign anyone else that much POWER
in your life!!!
Valued Contributor

@GCR18 

I can relate.  <smile>

When I am out of the driveway and on the way is the beginning of my adventure.    

Keep Calm and Travel On, 

CAT

Valued Contributor

Pre-Check is a good thing!  

I still recall a young TSA lady telling me  *welcome to the other side*  after I crossed through security, she had a nice attitude and understood the STRESS we go through. 

Keep Calm and Travel On, 

CAT

Trusted Contributor

I take my annual vacation at the same time each year, and I have a ritual that when I get to my resort in the Caribbean, I jump into the pool and feel all the weight and stress of the world just wash off my body and soul.  It's a joyous, very emotional moment for me.  It usually takes about two or three days to feel truly relaxed, but that's why I always stay for 10 nights instead of 7.