Valued Contributor

@missy1 wrote:

@Colinka   yes

I'd love to hear more about that experience--if it isn't a secret!

Honored Contributor

Re: What was the best...?

[ Edited ]

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4231878/Inside-Disney-s-exclusive-33-Club-initiation-costs-1...

Here's a recent article of the club.

The bathrooms are so regal, I remember. The fact that very few have been there, makes it cool I guess. At the time I went, I had no idea that it was so exclusive.

Respected Contributor

Best Hotels: "Royal Horseguards" in London,

"Hotel Villa Brunella" Capri, Italy.

Best meal : "Au petit sud ouest" restaurant in Paris

Best  scenic drive: San Francisco to LA via Rt.1,

Amalfi Coast drive.

Valued Contributor

@missy1 wrote:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4231878/Inside-Disney-s-exclusive-33-Club-initiation-costs-1...

Here's a recent article of the club.

The bathrooms are so regal, I remember. The fact that very few have been there, makes it cool I guess. At the time I went, I had no idea that it was so exclusive.

Thanks for the link! Very interesting!

Trusted Contributor

What a great idea! I am going to have to think about my answers. One of the most interesting places I stayed was in Ireland where the hotel was built into the side of a hill, so one side of our room was rock. There was also an excellent restaurant on the premises...but I have no idea of the name of the place--somewhere north of Cork. 

I've had so many great meals that I'd be hard pressed to pick just one place. I do want to reminisce with my husband about this. Between the two of us, maybe we can piece together some memories!

Esteemed Contributor

This is difficult....

Best Hotel - Tie:  Castillo di Sinio - Italy - beauty, beauty

Hotel Majestic - Barcelona 

Scenic drive -      Safari in Africa - sunsets with silhouettes of animals in the distance 

Sunrise/sunset - the outback, Uluru (Ayers Rock), kangaroos 

Best meal - its easier to say my worst.  I would have to say Italy has the most fabulous dining experiences for me...the small dining room in Castillo di Sinio was memorable....a small beach side restaurant in Pescara and an Aribiatta sauce in Alberobello 

Esteemed Contributor

I have been travelling internationally for 55 years but here goes:

Best Hotel: Mamonia in Marrakech and a hotel in Saigon (can't remember the name).  Also like Sims suite at Los Poblanos in Albuquerque and Marriott in Chung King China.

Best Meal: amazing three star meal in Balroy France and Olympia restaurant on Celebrity Millennium.

Super Contributor

Great question!  I agree that reading about others' experiences can be a catalyst to find out more about a place and perhaps plan a visit.

Best Hotel:  Royal Livingstone in Zambia

Best Meal:  I can't remember the name of the restaurant, but it was a little hole-in-the-wall in Dundee, Scotland, of all places.  We also had an incredible meal at a small farmhouse restaurant on the Chianti Road in Tuscany.  The food was great, but it was definitely enhanced by the setting, among the olive trees and rolling hills of Italy.

Most Scenic Route:  Driving from the Appenzell region of Switzerland through the Austrian Alps to our hotel in Lermoos, Austria.

I have read each response, and I'm already thinking of a few places that I'd love to incorporate into our future travel plans!

Respected Contributor

Best hotel...    we went on a 2 week Tauck tour of Italy the end of last year, and every hotel we stayed at was exceptional.

It's so difficult to decide on best of anything since you have to look at it in the context of the trip...  touring trip,  relaxing trip, all inclusive, country you are in,  even State.  

Loved all of our various trips together over the years from Italy, to St. Lucia, to Costa Rica, California, back to my home city of NY, etc.   We try to embrace it all.

I'm going to ask my husband and see what he comes up with!