Honored Contributor

for the gypsy soul . . . {junk gypsy co}

Do you have a list of places yet to see, or just go where/when the opportunity presents itself?

BF wants to go to Hawaii, but he has already been, so I would like to go somewhere new together.

I don't know when I'll get to these places, but I would like to visit the following, in no particular order:

Cuba

Argentina

Costa Rica

Austin, TX

New Orleans, LA

Honored Contributor

@lolakimono Love the statement on the map! Exactly how I feel. Heart

Honored Contributor

We visited many places during the time my husband was in the military.

Today, I think a trip to see the Alaskan beauty would be nice.  As time passes, the body is aging and that's beginning to change.  Hawaii would be wonderful, but I don't want to go on that long plane ride over all that water.  

I'm happy now, being an armchair visitor to many places. LOL.  What a difference a day makes.  Do it while you can.  That's a motto, that everyone who is able adheres to.  There's no time like the present.

Respected Contributor

I’ve been to Europe and Asia , Bali , Hawaii, but as a true home body, I’m content with short jaunts these days, one or two days from home. (:

Honored Contributor

@qualitygal Totally agree with you! If you love to travel, do it while you are physically able to do so. You never know from day to day what will happen. I know people who were going to travel "later when we have time." They are now physically unable to go where they wanted to go.

When my father died 13 years ago, one of the last conversations we had was when he told me that I should keep traveling. He loved to take my sister and I to different countries. He had visited over 60 countries by the time he died at 85. He loved meeting people from all over the place.

He felt it was so important to our education to travel. Sometimes he took us out of school to go places, because he felt we would learn more by traveling than the week or two that we would miss of school. And I found that when I studied US or World History, I connected better with the lesson because I had visited the places I was reading about in school. 

Trusted Contributor

Tahiti

Bora Bora

New Orleans

~Breathe In~ Breathe Out~ Move On~
Valued Contributor

We have been all over the world and at this point I am happy to be home.  I would -- however -- still like to go to Vietnam, Cambodia and Laos.  The two things holding me back are the distance and the heat.  (Bangkok was the hottest we have ever been anywhere.)   

@World Traveler  We have talked about traveling with Tauck in the past.  My husband and I took our first non-Tauck trip in 12 years in May -- to Croatia and Slovenia.  Big mistake after being used to Tauck!  

Valued Contributor

Italy

London

Iceland

Egypt (pyramids) I know I know but I can dream

Spain

Alaska

New Mexico

San Antonio

Wow that’s a long list....

Sometimes the strength within you is not a big fiery flame for all to see. It is just a tiny spark that whispers ever so softly "You Got This - Keep Going"
Esteemed Contributor
I absolutely have a list that goes out several years. In a way, I like it because it gives me a plan to see all the wonderful places I want to see in the world. But, then I’m also a little bummed because I lose spontaneity. But, I schedule all my trips so far in advance that I really miss being able to make a few last minute decisions. My biggest bucket list trips will be completed in 2020/early 2021, so hopefully will be able to mix some things up after that.
Honored Contributor

@judy0330 I have never used Tauck; however, I know several people who have and they have only the highest regard for that company.

I used to get their brochures/catalogs from them and it seemed like they were quite a bit higher in cost than most of the others.

Is there anything you can tell me about why their trips are more expensive? For instance, do they give you a lot of extras for the cost of their trips, something special they do that most tour companies don't do?

My first safari in Africa was with a company called Micato, a truly luxurious way to travel. They did extra things, like gifts left on my pillow every single night. They served as the bank for those of us in the small group, exchanging our American money for money in Kenyan and Tanzanian, etc.

Does Tauck have some special things like that which they do, perhaps better accomodations?