Contributor

Re: What is your upcoming travel plan, if any?

We are going to the Cape (Cod, MA) for 4 days, been there many times.We go Whale watching and we are seeing an old friend too. We are going to See Tower of Power band also at the cape. 

Next year we will go on a 7 day Mediterranean cruise to Spain, Italy and France. Its not in the budget this year!  My first time to Europe. So excited for next year!

Trusted Contributor

Great itinerary. I am not that original will be going to Florence, Paris, London and Oxford🌻

Honored Contributor

@DukeBlueNan wrote:

Just returned from The Baseball Hall of Fame in Cooperstown, NY.

If you're a baseball fan, it's a must!

@DukeBlueNan

I'm told it's not easy to get to.  Did you fly or drive?

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Trusted Contributor

You heard correctly @VaBelle35! We drove (12ish hours) and it was long and hard. I-81 and I-88 were heavily traveled with many, many trucks. And, there was construction. At least there was no rain. 

Also FYI, we were told by someone who works at the museum that between late September and May they have about 300-400 visitors a day. After Memorial Day about three THOUSAND  or more! A day! We were there at a perfect time.

Honored Contributor

We are leaving for England in a few days; will be there till mid July. Half in the North, the other half in London. England will be home base as we travel to Paris, Provence, Rome and I think we're going to Scotland and Ireland (not sure). Our youngest has travel lust so he's picking out the places to see, lol. 

Honored Contributor

@SahmIam wrote:

We are leaving for England in a few days; will be there till mid July. Half in the North, the other half in London. England will be home base as we travel to Paris, Provence, Rome and I think we're going to Scotland and Ireland (not sure). Our youngest has travel lust so he's picking out the places to see, lol. 

Love it.  You must be spending the whole summer in the UK and Europe.  We're going to London the end of July.  We've been there many times, it's like a second home to us now.  But there are always new things to see and do....and buy.

Honored Contributor

@Good4u wrote:

How was your experience with Globus?  That is the tour company that I was signed up with? Tell me the good the bad and the otherwise, please.

@Good4u

We've done about 10 Globus tours and they've always been more than satisfactory. 

Once our tour was canceled and we were transferred to a Cosmos tour.  We didn't know Cosmos was their sister budget tours.  The bus had more passengers and the hotels were a grade or 2 lower. Our director left a day early and our final day we were placed on the bus with only the driver who spoke little English.  It was a long bus ride from Granada to Madrid. NEVER again Cosmos.

Honored Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

@SahmIam wrote:

Love it.  You must be spending the whole summer in the UK and Europe.  We're going to London the end of July.  We've been there many times, it's like a second home to us now.  But there are always new things to see and do....and buy.

@chrystaltree  Yes, we are though 1 week will be spent at a family home in Provence.  We chose to spend 2 weeks in the country (Far from the Maddening Crowd, lol) so will be up Yorkshire (my home) giving us a base for Scotland and Ireland plus most of the family is up North. When we go to London, we'll see family there for a few days and then all of us are heading to Provence; from there we'll go to Rome overnight and then spend the day in Paris and possibly a trip to Grasse. Back to London for 10 days and then home we come. 

I'm hoping to NOT buy too much, lol. Wish me luck on THAT!

BTW, where do you stay in London? We have a place on the Thames so not downtown but close enough. 

Regular Contributor

Going to Alaska in September for the first time....I live in South Florida so it will be a great change!

Btw, going on Celebrity Cruise for a week and would love some tips for packing, etc. 

Honored Contributor

@DukeBlueNan wrote:

You heard correctly @VaBelle35! We drove (12ish hours) and it was long and hard. I-81 and I-88 were heavily traveled with many, many trucks. And, there was construction. At least there was no rain. 

Also FYI, we were told by someone who works at the museum that between late September and May they have about 300-400 visitors a day. After Memorial Day about three THOUSAND  or more! A day! We were there at a perfect time.

Thanks!  @DukeBlueNan

Luckily I am flexible and have no kids, so I can go during off-peak season.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN