Honored Contributor

Re: What is your upcoming travel plan, if any?

@BalletBabe wrote:

I will be traveling from my backyard to my front yard.   

@BalletBabe LOL!!! You are funny! Smiley LOL

Do check back in and tell us what you saw when you travel from your back yard to your front yard. ha! Love your post. Smiley LOL

Frequent Contributor

Esteemed Contributor

@World Traveler wrote:

@BalletBabe wrote:

I will be traveling from my backyard to my front yard.   

@BalletBabe LOL!!! You are funny! Smiley LOL

Do check back in and tell us what you saw when you travel from your back yard to your front yard. ha! Love your post. Smiley LOL

@World Traveler  Well as I took my stroll, I discovered which flowers kicked the bucket over the Winter months. I also noticed that I need to clean out my gutters and screened in porch.   I also noticed I need to watch where I step when I stroll.  (The dog)   ugh

Honored Contributor

@BalletBabe LOL!!!! You are too, too funny! You should write a book about your life, because I think you could take any mundane thing and make it sound absolutely fascinating! I know I would buy the book. Smiley Very Happy

Super Contributor

I am going to Addis Ababa, Ethiopia this July.  Why, you ask?  Because that's where my daughter and her family live. I haven't seen my grandson since he was 1, and he will be 2 and a half by the time I get there.

Would I rather go to Italy or the south of France ? Youbetcha.

BTW,  do you know how much these immunizations  cost to travel there?  The yellow fever shot is $225.  Plus with the others,  they will total over $500.

What we do for our grandchildren! 

But it will be an adventure.  And I love Ethiopian food. And I get to see my babies.

( Notice how I am trying to stay positive ).

Respected Contributor

Wow! Expensive shots. However 2 good thins- seeing grandchildren and the food.
Respected Contributor

Unfortunately this year travel is probably out. Friday husband fell down the stairs while I wasn't home. Broke his wrist and worse his neck. However there's no paralysis but it has to be immobilized for at least 3 months.
Trusted Contributor

In a couple weeks I am doing a 7 night Baltic Sea cruise that leaves from Copenhagin, Denmark.   Going to fly in the day before to see the sights.  The cruise stops in Stockholm, St Petersburg, Helsinki and Estonia.  I made sure to do the all day excurions for each port becasue I want the most bang for my buck. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@CoffeeNut wrote:

In a couple weeks I am doing a 7 night Baltic Sea cruise that leaves from Copenhagin, Denmark.   Going to fly in the day before to see the sights.  The cruise stops in Stockholm, St Petersburg, Helsinki and Estonia.  I made sure to do the all day excurions for each port becasue I want the most bang for my buck. 

@CoffeeNut

We did a land tour that covered Copenhagen, Stockhom, Helsinki and St. Petersburg.  All cities were fascinating but St. Petersburg is like no other.  See as much as you can possibly see, when you are there.

Enjoy.

Honored Contributor

@CoffeeNut If you get the chance, please post about your trip. I am taking a similar cruise this summer, but it is for 12 days. The ship will stop at the capitals of seven countries: Denmark, Sweden, Russia, Finland, Estonia, Latvia, and Poland.So I will be very interested in hearing what you have to say about your stops. Smiley Happy