Honored Contributor

Step 1 taken.  19 months to go.  No, I won't do a monthly countdown I promise.  But I did it.  I'M GOING BACK TO AFRICA!  Wahooo!!  There were 2, just 2, single pre-registered spots left for the whole year of 2020 for this trip.  I got one!  I'M GONG BACK - August 2020!  This time I'm going to Kenya and Tanzania - 22 days.   My friend at work asked if I was going to get my suitcase out this weekend - smarty pants!  HAHA

Honored Contributor

@JudyL Oh, that's wonderful! I know how much you love Africa. It is a favorite of mine too.

Kenya and Tanzania are great places to go. With 19 months to go, that means you will be there during the migration on the Serengeti, right? A wonderful sight to behold! 

So very happy for you. Heart

Trusted Contributor

Oh i am so jealous, take Me with you.😁😁😁😁😁

Happiness is ALWAYS an inside job,
Don't assign anyone else that much POWER
in your life!!!
Honored Contributor

@World Traveler

Yes I will be there during the migration and hopefully on my birthday!  OAT must be having a lot of people sign up for travel because when I called, the woman told me that there were only 2 single pre-registration spots left for this trip for all of 2020!  Holy cow!  They will, of course, have a few spots open when the dates are put on the website for the public but I'm sure those will go fast.  She told me that their single spots in all their trips are selling faster than they have in years past.  Their Egypt trip for 2021 is already in pre-registration.  

OAT is obviously doing very well!  LOL  My trip is a very long ways off but thats ok, it'll give me more time to save to pay for it.  All I care about right now is that I know I'm going back to where my heart sings and my soul feels at home.

Respected Contributor

I am envious.  But in a good way!  Hope you enjoy the anticipation and your trip. Woman Happy

Denise
Esteemed Contributor

@JudyL wrote:

All I care about right now is that I know I'm going back to where my heart sings and my soul feels at home.

What a beautiful way to put it. Africa is everything.

I was so pleased to see your post. But, I agree that it really is so crazy how early one needs to plan nowadays! 

7903E427-499F-45CE-BDB1-2763EF767AB0.jpeg

Honored Contributor

@Alter Ego  I love your post - I so agree with Ernest Hemingway.  I'm going to remember that.  So many people ask what it is about Africa that I love so much - animals, landscape,  culture, what?  I'm never sure what to say except that its magical and where my heart sings and my soul feels most at home.  I sometimes get very strange looks - HAHA