Contributor

@mellyg I so agree with you!  It took me 47 years to get to Hawaii as I didn't think it would interest me.  I thought it was going to be like Florida and I've already been there.  Boy, was I wrong.  Hawaii is magical and we all feel like we come alive while there.  We cancelled our trip for March 2020, rescheduled for March 2021 but I think we'll be putting it off until summer or fall.  Hope you get there soon (hope we all get there soon!)

Esteemed Contributor

@KonaKat wrote:

I've been to Hawaii about 20 times and would enjoy another visit. The problem is the constant changes in types of tests required as some accepted by the FDA are not by Hawaii.

If the test was on the list when you took the test, it may not be when you land in Hawaii. Who wants to spend 14 days of quarantine in a hotel room, depending upon the quarantine qrequirements in effect at the time.

Add to that, there is no uniform standard  throughout the state, as each island is free to set its own requirements. If you travel to Hawaii, you have to plan in advance with regulations that willl be in effect for a long period of time. I keep up to date with Trip Advisor.

I understand Kauai in particular is extremely strict about visitors and will still require quarantine.  If this isn't in effect now, the change will be implemented very soon.  Love TripAdvisor and the Kauai board has been particularly brutal.

Like you say, the rules keep changing.

Valued Contributor

This is an old thread but I looked on the online Hawaii news last night and they are having high numbers of positive tests for a while now. I love to go to Hawaii. I miss it. 

Esteemed Contributor

The early openings in some states will sadly serve as a lab experiment in what happens when you ignore the advice of doctors and scientists. The predictions do not bode well for those who are about to pretend that Covid is done. Many of them, and the rest of us, will pay for such negligence and ignorance. I have been inside for a year with my husband who has Alzheimer's. If I have to wait another month or two, by which time I'll have had my second Covid shot, so be it.

Respected Contributor

@Vivian wrote:

The early openings in some states will sadly serve as a lab experiment in what happens when you ignore the advice of doctors and scientists. The predictions do not bode well for those who are about to pretend that Covid is done. Many of them, and the rest of us, will pay for such negligence and ignorance. I have been inside for a year with my husband who has Alzheimer's. If I have to wait another month or two, by which time I'll have had my second Covid shot, so be it.

Just how long should states say at 25% capacity? For all the Doctors you speak of there are just as many who have opposing opinions. No one is telling people they have to go out, no one is saying they can't wear masks. Some people won't be happy until all small businesses are destroyed. If you're afraid stay at home. 

Esteemed Contributor

The numbers don't lie. Many states are seeing an increase in cases, this time among younger people who ignored the doctors' advice. Freedom must come with responsibility to our fellow Americans. Among those Americans are doctors, nurses, EMTs, etc. who risk their lives every day to care for Covid patients, some of whom risked it all for a get-together.

Respected Contributor

Please prove your point @Vivian .... some exaggerating going on...

Esteemed Contributor
Respected Contributor

You need to read your own data.....comments don't support what you posted.