Honored Contributor

ALOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHA VISITORS!  Enjoy your visit!!!

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Esteemed Contributor

That's nice but DH and I cancelled our two week trip to Maui on 1 November.  The following reasons: not sure we could get Covid test w/n 72 hrs and were seriously concerned about what would be open (including Maui): restaurants, tours, hotels, shops and (of course) no luaus for foreseeable future. Think we'll wait 18 mths for our next Hawaii trip.  Sincerely hope your economy recovers.

Valued Contributor

Out of anywhere in the world I've been, there is no place as magical as Hawaii (IMO). We were supposed to go this past spring, but I close my eyes and picture it daily. I keep telling DH that when we finally go back, I may only need a 1 way ticket! 

Honored Contributor

@SurferWife    You may be open today but I bet not for long.  It's getting bad on the Mainland.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

I wish.  My dream has always been to visit.  I'll probably never get there.

Honored Contributor

Hawaii, especially Maui, is one of our favorites places.  Have been there at least a half of dozen times.  Along with the uncertainty of what's open there, I could never endure a 9+ hour flight with a mask on.  It is unlikely we'll ever return.

I feel especially sorry for Alaska, another place we've visited more than once.  They have such a short "tourist" season.  They have to be hurting badly.

Esteemed Contributor

Wow, your cases must be quite low.   That's wonderful for your economy and I hope it goes well for the islands.   Frankly you shouldn't let any of us in, LOL!!   Be safe, @SurferWife....... I am thankful to have visited many islands in HI a couple of times in the past, breathtaking!

Respected Contributor

I would really like to visit but the flight from NY is just way too long.

Esteemed Contributor

I also cancelled my November trip and have no idea when it could fit into my schedule again.  🙁  My co-workers daughter is actually moving there with friends to do their at-home college study (must be nice!!).  Haven't spoken much with co-worker about it, but know she had been having problems getting a place with the quarantine in place.  I see that she's on the big island now, although her mother and father used to live on Maui (and is their preferred island.). Hopefully, with the quarantine lifted, they can visit (often!  Haha)

Found the attached on The Points Guy Facebook, but I assume it's from an official state source.

F5892861-A867-43EA-A41A-5348988FC81E.png

Esteemed Contributor

I've been to Hawaii about 20 times and would enjoy another visit. The problem is the constant changes in types of tests required as some accepted by the FDA are not by Hawaii.

If the test was on the list when you took the test, it may not be when you land in Hawaii. Who wants to spend 14 days of quarantine in a hotel room, depending upon the quarantine qrequirements in effect at the time.

Add to that, there is no uniform standard  throughout the state, as each island is free to set its own requirements. If you travel to Hawaii, you have to plan in advance with regulations that willl be in effect for a long period of time. I keep up to date with Trip Advisor.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.