Respected Contributor

Washington DC hotel near the Smithsonian..please help.

We usually book out hotel in Crystal City, but we are looking for a nice hotel near the White House and the Smithsonian.  Thank you so much! 

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Washington DC hotel near the Smithsonian..please help.

[ Edited ]

It has been years since I stayed in DC, but it was at the Mayflower Hotel and that is about a mile from the Smithsonian.  I remember the hotel as being very nice, but I was in DC for work, so I did not spend much time at the hotel.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Esteemed Contributor

I second the Mayflower

Respected Contributor

Thank you!  

Regular Contributor

The JW Marriot on Pennsylvania Avenue is nice and in a great location. Easy walk to both the White House and the National Mall/Museums!

Respected Contributor

wrote:

The JW Marriot on Pennsylvania Avenue is nice and in a great location. Easy walk to both the White House and the National Mall/Museums!

Do you know is they have parking?  

Respected Contributor

wrote:

wrote:

Do you know is they have parking?  

It looks like it’s valet like most Downton hotels.  Thank you!  

Regular Contributor

Yes, it is valet parking. 

Honored Contributor

if money is no object, i LOVE the four seasons hotel on pennsylvania avenue.

walking distance to white house (about a mile) and a few miles away from the smithsonian (about 3 miles.)

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Trusted Contributor

Not knowing your price range, the Hotel Moncaco is beautiful and in a historic building. The Hyatt Regency Capitol Hill is nice. The W Hotel is right across from the White House. The Mandarin Oriental is on the south side of the mall. Might I suggest you pull up Google Maps for Washington and search Hotel. That way you can see all available hotels, locations and rates. Be sure to check out advance tickets for the new African-American Museum. It is amazing. Restaurant alert - Maison Kayser is opening on F St. NW at 14th. Eric Kayser is a Parisian baker who has started opening shops in the US. The breads, desserts and cafe foods are amazing.