Respected Contributor

WDW will start a phased reopening on July 11.

Respected Contributor

Disney company is all about GREED. Their executives make millions in salary and in bonuses while employees are paid low wages. Disney heiress Abigail Disney has been very vocal about the lack of fair pay.

Went to Disney World once- standing in the heat in endless lines not for me.

Honored Contributor

my sister, two daughters, and son in law will be happy to hear this. they changed their plans from early may to early august.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Trusted Contributor

I want to find that one person whose temperature will be normal after standing in line with a mask on in that heat.  They are taking temperatures at the entrance and if you are over you have to go sit in an area and hope you cool down.  And I would presume if you have one kid who rings the bell on the thermometer then the whole family sits out.  Required masks walking around in that heat?  Nope.  They will have people passing out left and right.  And just try to keep a mask on a 3-5 year old in that heat.  I'm sure there will be some that go but nope that place is brutal without a mask lol.  I can't imagine hiking around that park with one on.  

Honored Contributor
One of my daughters and her family go to Disney twice a year. They were scheduled to go in early May....I don’t know if they will be able to go in July, but I hope not. It’s too soon and no way to really sanitize and or text yourself. Social distancing? Impossible.
Trusted Contributor

@eadu4   That is exactly what I was thinking!   I have 2 and 3 year old granddaughters.  We had planned to go to Disney this year but cancelled....indefinitely.   There is no way they could tolerate wearing a mask.  Regardless....it is just too soon to even consider any kind of trip to an amusement park.   Too many people...too much uncertainty.  

Respected Contributor

Our family had reservations for June with grandkids but of course that has been cancelled. We will wait and see what next year brings before rescheduling. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Walt Disney World

[ Edited ]

no thank you -- we had family reunion plans for Sept or October.   Some still wanted to go --  Not me!!!  I live 2 hours away and we would go over for lunch or dinner at Floridian or Disney Springs to just walk around.

I just can't imagine how uncomfortable with the heat, crowds, and "mask police" everywhere what it'll be like!!!   And last time we went the buses were so crowded we ended up taking Uber to different parks instead of waiting 1 hour to get on one from hotels & parks.  The wait times for rides was crazy... 

I can't wait to hear what the plans are to reopen they filed.  Hopefully, they offer incentives or discount rates because they just raised prices before shutdown.

I enjoy Disney, but, just the thought of a "normal" day  with rude people, cranky kids & adults, long lines, etc. -- can't imagine with all these guidelines & restrictions it would be pleasant experience!!

I'lI go maybe next year but I'm in no hurry...there are other places of interest.

Respected Contributor

There is absolutely no amount of money that would entice me to go anywhere near the state of Florida, particularly inland Florida in the summer. We've been to Disney in late November and it's been lovely, but the heat and humidity in the summer? Nope. 

~The more someone needs to brag about how wonderful, special, successful, wealthy or important they are, the greater the likelihood that it isn't true. ~

Esteemed Contributor

Disney World is going to limit how many people can be in the parks...rumor is it might be 25% of capacity