Esteemed Contributor

Re: WHO TURNED THE HEAT OFF IN FLORIDA???

@BalletBabe - Well they turned it off in SC too, lol. I'm actually fine with the cooler weather (hubby's not). It was colder here this morning than my daughter's in NY

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@riley1 wrote:

@BalletBabe - Well they turned it off in SC too, lol. I'm actually fine with the cooler weather (hubby's not). It was colder here this morning than my daughter's in NY

@riley1  Well  I am glad that you are happy!  LOL    I have a friend in SC and he is not happy.  He also grew up in Pittsburgh.   I told him he didn't move far enough South.   It is 62 today better then yesterday and 77 on Friday and 81 on Sat.   So each day getting better.   I don't mind cooler but I don't like it when we dip into the 30's.  Besides freezing to death, I have to carry in all my orchids and and keep my Parrot covered and heat on in garage.  She is so used to me opening the door during the day and she gets real mad when I don't.  LOL

She says hi to everyone that walks or drives by.   My UPS guy came one day and he said "Your bird said hi to me!"   I said "oh she says hi to everyone."   He got the biggest kick out of her.  He was admiring how pretty she is,  and she told him to "stop it."   He was laughing so hard.  

Esteemed Contributor

@BalletBabe - What kind of parrot do you have? I have an African Grey - have had him more than 25 years. Well, we thought it was a he, so we named him Simon - Only to find since about 1 1/2 yrs ago he is a Simone and lays eggs, lol. Of course we don't tell him/her that.

He came with us from NJ so was used to the colder temps - I never had much heat on in the house. Now he lives in our Sunroom where he can watch and listen to all the birds outside.

Esteemed Contributor

@riley1 wrote:

@BalletBabe - What kind of parrot do you have? I have an African Grey - have had him more than 25 years. Well, we thought it was a he, so we named him Simon - Only to find since about 1 1/2 yrs ago he is a Simone and lays eggs, lol. Of course we don't tell him/her that.

He came with us from NJ so was used to the colder temps - I never had much heat on in the house. Now he lives in our Sunroom where he can watch and listen to all the birds outside.

@riley1   Oh Ilove the African Greys.  They are the best talkers.   I have a Blue and Gold Macaw.  She is about 15 years old.  She talks like crazy.   Hum you know I always felt like mine is a she, but she never laid an egg.   Maybe she is a He?   LOL

Esteemed Contributor

@BalletBabe Oh, those Macaws are beautiful. And huge!

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@riley1 wrote:

@BalletBabe Oh, those Macaws are beautiful. And huge!

@riley1     Yes she is huge and messy.  I met a breeder down here about about 15 years ago before we got her.  I told him I would love to hand feed them.  He just happened to be going out of town,  and he said if you spend the weekend here, I will teach you how to hand feed them.  So I bought them and got toraise them.   Oh my was it fun!  They were the size of my thumb when I took them.  He lent me his incubator and I had to feed them every 3 hrs.  They grew up and were beautiful,  but the noise was awful.  It was not fair to my neighbors, so I ended up selling them.  The one I have was a abused parrot and my neighbor took her and nursed her back to health.

She loved my husband and she was mean to them.  So we took her.  My hubby passed away little more then 2 1/2 years ago.  When he got sick , I started having him around her less and less so she could adjust.  She did good and I used to take her to see him in his room.  She would put her head down on the pillow with him.  It made me cry.  I won't get rid of her,  because I don't want her to go through another change.  I love her to death and she is so smart.  She still calls out his name once in awhile.  She is crazy about my son so he will take her if I get sick or something.  

Her cage is a gorilla cage   lol  My neigbors love her and come to visit her often.

Honored Contributor

I live in Ohio.  I would gladly take 59 right now.  LOL

Honored Contributor

59 sounds perfect. I hate anything hotter than 70s.
Frequent Contributor

I’d take that cold it’s been lower than 18 here it was 18 about 9 this morning!

i am actually coming to Fl very soon! I will love it ompared to here it’s 23 at 7 pm......

Honored Contributor

59 is not cold.