Esteemed Contributor

Re: WHO TURNED THE HEAT OFF IN FLORIDA???

@FrostyBabe1 wrote:

@Its Me LuLuBelle2 wrote:
@FrostyBabe1, frankly I think you're being needlessly harsh on @BalletBabe. She wrote, what I thought to be a light hearted, innocuous post regarding a drastic temperature drop in Florida. She doesn't control the weather. Chicago, on Lake Michigan, is not immune to extreme snow storms. I lived in Buffalo, NY during the Blizzard of 1977 - not fun. I know it's not an easy scenario, but it is what it is living on the Great Lakes.

Kansas, Oklahoma and other mid-west states are susceptible to tornados. California and Arizona have hellacious droughts and wildfires. Florida, Mississippi, Louisiana and others are hit hard by hurricanes. Bottom line, no one is immune to weather catastrophes.

People all over the world go hungry. Should we castigate people who tell us about their Thanksgiving feasts? I think not. We do what we can, but solving all of the world's problems doesn't happen in a day and certainly don't lay on one person's feet. Sometimes we need to lighten up, look within and ask ourselves what WE can do to make the world a better place before pointing fingers. LuLu

Balony. It's not a "light hearted, innocuous post". It's whining. It wasn't a drastic temperature drop. It's 3 days of high and low temps about 10-15 degrees cooler than normal. That's it. But thanks for your lecture. You have a wonderful daY

UM   BY THE WAY THIS IS HOW YOU SPELL BOLONY------BOLOGNA

Respected Contributor

@BalletBabe wrote:

@FrostyBabe1 wrote:

@FrostyBabe1, frankly I think you're being needlessly harsh on @BalletBabe. She wrote, what I thought to be a light hearted, innocuous post regarding a drastic temperature drop in Florida. She doesn't control the weather. Chicago, on Lake Michigan, is not immune to extreme snow storms. I lived in Buffalo, NY during the Blizzard of 1977 - not fun. I know it's not an easy scenario, but it is what it is living on the Great Lakes.

Kansas, Oklahoma and other mid-west states are susceptible to tornados. California and Arizona have hellacious droughts and wildfires. Florida, Mississippi, Louisiana and others are hit hard by hurricanes. Bottom line, no one is immune to weather catastrophes.

People all over the world go hungry. Should we castigate people who tell us about their Thanksgiving feasts? I think not. We do what we can, but solving all of the world's problems doesn't happen in a day and certainly don't lay on one person's feet. Sometimes we need to lighten up, look within and ask ourselves what WE can do to make the world a better place before pointing fingers. LuLu

Balony. It's not a "light hearted, innocuous post". It's whining. It wasn't a drastic temperature drop. It's 3 days of high and low temps about 10-15 degrees cooler than normal. That's it. But thanks for your lecture. You have a wonderful daY

UM   BY THE WAY THIS IS HOW YOU SPELL BOLONY------BOLOGNA

Oh, now THAT's really mature - NOT!

~The more someone needs to brag about how wonderful, special, successful, wealthy or important they are, the greater the likelihood that it isn't true. ~

Esteemed Contributor

@FrostyBabe1   Get off my case, Thanks in advance

Esteemed Contributor

Um, @BalletBabe, did I mention that hubby and I are snowbirds?!? LOL! I'm ready to become a full time Floridian - hubby however isn't quite ready to give up our NY home yet - but when we got our last tax bill (obscene) he got one step closer! LuLu

@Its Me LuLuBelle2  It is okay as I was once a snowbird too.  I just moved.  LOL

Respected Contributor

I'm in AZ and in a few days it's going to cool off to around 60 during the day, much cooler at night.  Today I put the flannel sheets on my bed.  I did live in the Midwest for many years so I've been through all kinds of weather.  I once returned home from vacation after the Christmas holidays and my key broke off in the front door lock because it had been so cold. 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Catty2 wrote:

I'm in AZ and in a few days it's going to cool off to around 60 during the day, much cooler at night.  Today I put the flannel sheets on my bed.  I did live in the Midwest for many years so I've been through all kinds of weather.  I once returned home from vacation after the Christmas holidays and my key broke off in the front door lock because it had been so cold. 

@Catty2  Well see,  that is the thing.  We went down to 38 last night.   Tonight 36, that is very cold for us,  and it happened very fast.   It has been in the 80's and 60's at night.  That is a big drop to me, I don't care what anyone says.  Oh my about your key, I remember times not being able to get my key into a lock when I lived up North.  

We came to Florida every year in April, and in the beginniing I didn't realize how cold it got.  I ended up buying several sweatshirts at Disney.  I know we used to put oil in the locks so that would not happen.  In the car as well as the house. 

Respected Contributor

@BalletBabe

It's been in the 70's during the day here and 40's at night for awhile.  The cold front and rain are supposed to start tomorrow night.  Stay warm and I hope your cold spell won't last very long.   Cat Happy   

Esteemed Contributor

@Catty2 wrote:

@BalletBabe

It's been in the 70's during the day here and 40's at night for awhile.  The cold front and rain are supposed to start tomorrow night.  Stay warm and I hope your cold spell won't last very long.   Cat Happy   

@Catty2  Today is it for us.   You believe it will be 88 on Monday,  and 68 at night.  That is more normal for us.   My Duraflame heater is keeping me nice and warm!  Woman LOL

Respected Contributor

Sounds like central Texas this time of year. It might be 40 one day and 78 the next. I'm washing sweaters and short sleeved shirts in the same day because I need both of them in the next two days.

Esteemed Contributor

@Alison Wonderland   I lay out one Summer outfit and one Winter, that way I am prepared.  LOL