Valued Contributor

Re: WHO TURNED THE HEAT OFF IN FLORIDA???

@FrostyBabe1, frankly I think you're being needlessly harsh on @BalletBabe. She wrote, what I thought to be a light hearted, innocuous post regarding a drastic temperature drop in Florida. She doesn't control the weather. Chicago, on Lake Michigan, is not immune to extreme snow storms. I lived in Buffalo, NY during the Blizzard of 1977 - not fun. I know it's not an easy scenario, but it is what it is living on the Great Lakes.

Kansas, Oklahoma and other mid-west states are susceptible to tornados. California and Arizona have hellacious droughts and wildfires. Florida, Mississippi, Louisiana and others are hit hard by hurricanes. Bottom line, no one is immune to weather catastrophes.

People all over the world go hungry. Should we castigate people who tell us about their Thanksgiving feasts? I think not. We do what we can, but solving all of the world's problems doesn't happen in a day and certainly don't lay on one person's feet. Sometimes we need to lighten up, look within and ask ourselves what WE can do to make the world a better place before pointing fingers. LuLu
Esteemed Contributor

@Its Me LuLuBelle2 wrote:
@FrostyBabe1, frankly I think you're being needlessly harsh on @BalletBabe. She wrote, what I thought to be a light hearted, innocuous post regarding a drastic temperature drop in Florida. She doesn't control the weather. Chicago, on Lake Michigan, is not immune to extreme snow storms. I lived in Buffalo, NY during the Blizzard of 1977 - not fun. I know it's not an easy scenario, but it is what it is living on the Great Lakes.

Kansas, Oklahoma and other mid-west states are susceptible to tornados. California and Arizona have hellacious droughts and wildfires. Florida, Mississippi, Louisiana and others are hit hard by hurricanes. Bottom line, no one is immune to weather catastrophes.

People all over the world go hungry. Should we castigate people who tell us about their Thanksgiving feasts? I think not. We do what we can, but solving all of the world's problems doesn't happen in a day and certainly don't lay on one person's feet. Sometimes we need to lighten up, look within and ask ourselves what WE can do to make the world a better place before pointing fingers. LuLu

@Its Me LuLuBelle2  Thank You!   I try to ignore the negative posts.  I only respond to the nice posters.  We had a very hot Summer and yesterday it was 80 so yes 61 is cold here.  59 tomorrow.  I grew up in Pa.  I was always cold, so that is why I left.  Best decision of my life.  

Esteemed Contributor

@freakygirl wrote:

i’ll gladly take your 59! we’ll be hitting 80 this week and i’m just real tired of it 😓

I never get tired of 80.  I love the hot weather.  

Esteemed Contributor

@Big Joanie wrote:

Just opened the door down here in Ft. Myers and it is definitely cooler ...

where in Florida are you Balletbabe ??

@Big Joanie  I am in Tampa area.   It was beautiful yesterday.   Going to 36 tonight.   Brrrrrr.   You are further South, so it is probably warmer there.  I grew up in Pa.  So glad I moved!  

Esteemed Contributor

@jlkz wrote:

@BalletBabe

Two years ago during our snowbirding in Naples, cold weather seemed to cover a good portion of the country.

I remember looking out the back lanai at 6 AM and seeing 35 degrees on the thermometer.  Wondered if the heat setting would work on the AC !  Found the one sweat shirt I had packed !

@jlkz  You know when I was packing to leave Pa. a friend told me to keep some of my Winter clothes.  lI am so glad that I did.   We went into the 20's last year at night.   It is sad,  because there was not enough shelters for the homeless.  I left 15 years ago and I wish I had left Pa. sooner.  I could never live there after living here.   Some people are always hot, but me?  I am always cold.  I came to Florida every year to Lakeland for the Air Show, and that is in April.  Some years it was cold,  so I learned quick to pack warmer clothes.  

Esteemed Contributor

@BalletBabe wrote:

@KaliaMonet wrote:

@KaliaMonet wrote:

cold florida

Seriously, though, lol! It's 24 here with a windchill of 15 in the Chicago 'burbs. I'll take your 59 and not "freeze to death." Come with me to visit relatives in Canada in late December, early January. Then we can discuss freezing to death. 

This reminds me of the snowbirds.  That is how they dress.   I cannot stand to shop when they are here.   I have to pack a lunch to go to Walmart because I know I will be in line 3 hours.   lol

I went to Canada once in Winter.   NEVER AGAIN.  Went to niagra Falls and I got frostbite on my eye.   It is going to be colder in Chicago or anywhere up North.  I am in the South, so for us it is cold.  36 tonight and 38 tomorrow night is fridgid.   When you live here your blood thins, so for us it is cold. 

Valued Contributor

Um, @BalletBabe, did I mention that hubby and I are snowbirds?!? LOL! I'm ready to become a full time Floridian - hubby however isn't quite ready to give up our NY home yet - but when we got our last tax bill (obscene) he got one step closer! LuLu
Respected Contributor

Balony. It's not a "light hearted, innocuous post". It's whining. It wasn't a drastic temperature drop. It's 3 days of high and low temps about 10-15 degrees cooler than normal. That's it. But thanks for your lecture. You have a wonderful day!

~The more someone needs to brag about how wonderful, special, successful, wealthy or important they are, the greater the likelihood that it isn't true. ~

Esteemed Contributor

@FrostyBabe1 wrote:

Balony. It's not a "light hearted, innocuous post". It's whining. It wasn't a drastic temperature drop. It's 3 days of high and low temps about 10-15 degrees cooler than normal. That's it. But thanks for your lecture. You have a wonderful day!

@FrostyBabe1   Whining ---Really???   LOL  I suggest if you think I am whining ,don't read my posts.   

Esteemed Contributor

Um, @BalletBabe, did I mention that hubby and I are snowbirds?!? LOL! I'm ready to become a full time Floridian - hubby however isn't quite ready to give up our NY home yet - but when we got our last tax bill (obscene) he got one step closer! LuLu

@Its Me LuLuBelle2   Come on down!   Best move I ever made was leaving Pa.  My Mother lived in Pittsburgh as well,  and the last thing she said to me was "I am so cold"  When she passed the wind chill was 20 below in Pittsburgh.  That is when I  made up my mind that I was not going to die being cold.  Some people are hot all the time, I am just the opposite.