Honored Contributor

Re: WHO TURNED THE HEAT OFF IN FLORIDA???

@BalletBabe.   If you hurry before it warms up, you might get to wear a Christmas sweater for a couple of hours.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Regular Contributor

cold florida

Regular Contributor

[ Edited ]

@KaliaMonet wrote:

cold florida

Seriously, though, lol! It's 24 here with a windchill of 15 in the Chicago 'burbs. I'll take your 59 and not "freeze to death." Come with me to visit relatives in Canada in late December, early January. Then we can discuss freezing to death. 

Esteemed Contributor

It's in the 50's here in SC today and I am LOVING it! So over the endless summer we had. I'm not freezing at all!

Esteemed Contributor

@kaydee50 wrote:

22 with a windchill of 17 here in downtown Chicago.  Supposed to "warm up" to the mid 40s by the end of the week.  It's all what you get used to!!!

@kaydee50 I grew up in Pittsburgh.  I hated it,  and the best decision that I ever made was leaving.   I never got used to it.  I love it here. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Sweetbay magnolia   You are correct about the humidity.  80 with high humidity is hot, but 80 with low humidity is just right. 

Esteemed Contributor

@gmkb  I agree with what you said.  I bought a duraflame heater last year and that keeps my bedroom nice and warm.  I actually bought 3 of them, so I ever hardly turn on the heat.

Esteemed Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@BalletBabe.   If you hurry before it warms up, you might get to wear a Christmas sweater for a couple of hours.

@Kachina624  Get this tomorrow the high is 59.  It is dropping to 36 tonight and 38 tomorrow night but sunday it says 87???  Talk about strange weather.  I feel like a Mummy.  I have so many clothes on that I can't move.  LOL  

Esteemed Contributor

@KaliaMonet wrote:

@KaliaMonet wrote:

cold florida

Seriously, though, lol! It's 24 here with a windchill of 15 in the Chicago 'burbs. I'll take your 59 and not "freeze to death." Come with me to visit relatives in Canada in late December, early January. Then we can discuss freezing to death. 

This reminds me of the snowbirds.  That is how they dress.   I cannot stand to shop when they are here.   I have to pack a lunch to go to Walmart because I know I will be in line 3 hours.   lol

Esteemed Contributor

Walmart-opened-anotehr-checkout-line.jpg