Trusted Contributor

Visit to LL Bean flagship store in Freeport Maine

Had a great time with spouse this past Sunday visiting Freeport. DH had put an LL gift certificate in my birthday card this past July and he planned for a side trip to Freeport while we were on a 2 week road trip from MI to Maine and back. I didn’t realize there was more than one LL Bean store in town, but I eventually found the one with clothing. I was pleasantly surprised to find they have a substantial petite section to accommodate my short arms (I say this because lots of B&M stores are downsizing their petites). All staff were very courteous and helpful. I ended up with the perfect flannel shirt for my Maine travels. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Visit to LL Bean flagship store in Freeport Maine

I have been to that store and I loved it.  I went on a backpacking trip in that area and visited the store.  I did all my Christmas shopping there that year and had it all sent home.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Valued Contributor

It is nice to hear from another LL Bean fan. Those of us who live near the Freeport, Maine (main) store know the store is open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.  We usually go during the less popular hours. 

Once, when my husband and I were visiting the store, one of the customer service reps noticed my husband’s pants (purchased at LL Bean, previously, had a small defect.  He insisted we exchange them at no charge.

"Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela
Valued Contributor

did you go to bar harbor the best place ever. went a few years ago.