Respected Contributor

Viking River Cruise in Europe

Has anyone done this?  I wanted to take one on the Danube for my spring break in April 2023 but it seems that the boat is almost sold out for that time period so I am looking to go in the spring of 2024.  

If we can't take the river cruise this year, we may go to Ireland/Scotland or Amsterdam/Brussels.

Honored Contributor

Re: Viking River Cruise in Europe

@ninjawife  Yes, we did the Danube but not on Viking. Can't remember who we took but it was great. Best cruise we have ever been on.

Respected Contributor

Took a Viking Cruise. It was in France. Best vacation I ever went on. There was not on thing that wasn't wonderful. Would not hesitate.

Esteemed Contributor

@ninjawife I have done the Danube, not with Viking, with Tauck.   It was a wonderful trip!

We started doing riverboat cruising around 10 years  ago and haven't looked back.  They are the best vacations ever.  I've also been to Ireland and Scotland, those places cannot be beat either, I absolutely loved it!    We are awaiting our Douro River cruise in Portugal coming up October 5th, we were supposed to do this one in April 2020, well you know what happened with that........it was then rescheduled for 2021 and then again for 2022!  I am so excited that it's almost here, God willing, we'll get to this time around.

Happy travels Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

I've been looking into this myself and I find cruisecriticdotcom to be helpful with reviews from people who have taken Viking cruises by destination.  They also have other cruise line reviews as well.

Trusted Contributor

It's a great cruise!!

Contributor

I have done several river cruises but on Vantage.  Loved each one.  Fall is a great time to go.  Because there are only about 160 people on board you get to meet many people and have lots of fun.

Contributor

I absolutely loved my Viking river cruise (WWII remembrance cruise -Seine).  The food was delicious, service outstanding.  Added on 2 days in London.  The excursions were fantastic and everything ran smoothly.  I want to do another one!

Respected Contributor

@ninjawife  In August, 2019, we went on the Viking Danube Cruise. It was wonderful, so relaxing. There were about 150 people on board.

The food was wonderful and the staff were great, so accommodating.

We started in Budapest, then to Austria and Germany.

It was one of our best vacations.

Esteemed Contributor

every time I see those commercials I want to take one it seems it would be a wonderful cruise .  I have a couple questions for those of you that have taken them .   How fast does the it go and does it go into the ocean ever or just stay within rivers seeing that's it's called river cruise?