Esteemed Contributor

Re: Viking River Cruise Danube

I always travel with COVID tests. Did contract COVID in Scotland but was home. It’s a threat which I imagine will be permanent in our lives & if you travel, tests should be packed in your bags as COVID testing isn’t widely available in many countries. We also pack paxlovid
Respected Contributor

@Stray wrote:
I always travel with COVID tests. Did contract COVID in Scotland but was home. It’s a threat which I imagine will be permanent in our lives & if you travel, tests should be packed in your bags as COVID testing isn’t widely available in many countries. We also pack paxlovid

@Stray I won't use Paxlovid again.  One of the possible side effects is raising your blood pressure.  I had Covid last September and took Paxlovid and ir raised my blood pressure so high I had to go the emergency room and it hasn't been normal since even though I have tried two different blood pressure medications. 

Esteemed Contributor

Paxlovid should never be taken unless your private doctor orders it. I have high blood pressure & slightly abnormal kidney functions tests. I did an online visit with my private MD when I tested positive after travel. He reviewed my entire chart and meds & ordered paxlovid at a lower dose specifically for those who have a renal disorder. He felt I was a candidate & I had no problems with the drug. Many of my friends who tested positive for COVID could not tolerate the nausea & vomiting. I had absolutely no side affects. I have a contingency RX from my doctor as it’s not readily available in many countries.
Honored Contributor

Have never taken a Viking cruise but if I were planning to go to Europe again (which we are not due to many reasons) they would be my first choice.  We did a Rhine river cruise years ago on which my husband along with many other people came down with food poisoning.  Sort of turned us off, especially my DH, to river cruising.

Salzburg is one of our favorite places and memorable.

Esteemed Contributor

I’m not usually a cruiser but this December we are doing the Amsterdam/Belgium Christmas River Cruise & flying to Italy for the New Year & extended stay.

As we get older & air travel has become more unstable & harder, we find a planned tour taxing with all the packing, unpacking, scheduled tours & early bus trips.

My husband gets sea sick so ocean cruises are out & we’ve opted for easy travel trips; we are looking forward to this trip. We are going with a Tauck River cruise as there are less people on board. Viking has or did have? the best COVID protocols.