Esteemed Contributor

Vaccination Passport to fly internatuonally?

Qantas will require vaccination passport to fly internationally,once vaccine is distributed .  Evidently, other airlines may do the same.  Bet cruise lines take same approach.

Honored Contributor

Re: Vaccination Passport to fly internatuonally?

Maybe if it turns out that the vaccines do prevent a huge portion of the kinds of infections happening worldwide, they will be helping tamp down the spread instead of being sued as spreaders?

Certainly will limit international airline business for quite a while -- what's the total number of vaccines worldwide expected to be available by mid-2021?  

Respected Contributor

The AIRLINE is going to require it? That seems odd to me. I'm not doubting the OP, but it seems odd that it would be the airline. 

I could easily see that countries around the world may require some documentation of vaccination or immunity, but not the airline. If other carriers don't follow suit, people will just book away from them on other airlines. 

~The more someone needs to brag about how wonderful, special, successful, wealthy or important they are, the greater the likelihood that it isn't true. ~

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

They probably will. When we moved to Hawaii when I was a kid we had to get lots of shots.

Guess it's a good thing I don't fly or take cruises. No thanks.

Honored Contributor

@FrostyBabe1 wrote:

The AIRLINE is going to require it? That seems odd to me. I'm not doubting the OP, but it seems odd that it would be the airline. 

I could easily see that countries around the world may require some documentation of vaccination or immunity, but not the airline. If other carriers don't follow suit, people will just book away from them on other airlines. 

@FrostyBabe1 

I just saw an interview with an airline exec who was asked about this.  He's said it might be plausible--IF knowing that your seat mates were vaccinated would alleviate the fears of fellow passengers.  

Meaning that if the general public thought it was a good idea they would be more willing to fly.  Which is the goal of the airlines, of course.💵💵

Respected Contributor

I would certainly feel more comfortable going on an airline or cruise ship knowing that all passengers are REQUIRED to have the vaccination before boarding!

Probably medical centers and next schools will require it as well.

Now if only we could have the same level of personal care in all the stores...

Honored Contributor

@patbz wrote:

Qantas will require vaccination passport to fly internationally,once vaccine is distributed .  Evidently, other airlines may do the same.  Bet cruise lines take same approach.

I saw that on the news and it scares me.  I know a lot of people feel very comfortable with the idea of everyone being vaccinated for flying but I'm just not comfortable getting the vaccine yet. 

As I mentioned in another post I know of people who have been injured from vaccines that have been around for a while but this is brand new.  

I fear that this is the first step towards a vaccine mandate.  I guess I won't be flying for a while (until I feel that it's safe if ever) but I still want to be able to live my  life and do my regular routine things in my hometown.

I suppose if everyone is fine with it, then those who are severely injured will just have to deal with the consequences  just like some have to deal with the disease that it's supposed to protect us from.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have an old school yellow fever card that's "married" to my passport when I travel. Don't consider this to be any different TO ME. And, as already mentioned, I would feel more comfortable being on a flight and cruise knowing everyone has received it.  

Although I recognize the issues associated with "forcing" people to take a vaccine, in this case I'm going to be selfish and care about me and what I want. I've had to read and hear people saying that if people are too scared, that they should just stay home.  Well, the same can be said both ways. Nobody is forcing them on the plane.

(That's coming off a little harsh and I know is unreasonable.  I just get angry reading Facebook comments and I get riled up!  LOL

I just really miss traveling!)

Honored Contributor

@Alter Ego I agree with you re the vaccine.  I am also going to look out for myself.  If a vaccine comes out and I want to travel and its required to get the vaccine before I go to another country or travel by plane, then I'll get the vaccine or not go.  To me its no different that the required yellow fever vaccine or hepatits vaccine, etc., that is required for some places that I travel.  If I don't want those vaccinations, then I don't go to those countries.  Same holds for the covid vaccine.  

Honored Contributor

Since the vaccine is made to block the symptoms and not the virus, you could,still have the virus and spread it even if you have been vaccinated according to Dr. Fauchi.

It doesn't make sense to me..it just makes people have warm fuzzy feelings about traveling...not!