Respected Contributor

Has anyone noticted the huge price increase at VRBO?  I've searched for homes in several cities and they now all have HUGE fees associated with the home.  There is an owner's fee (that can include anything), a concierge fee (I have no idea what this is for at a private home.....perhaps they scatter brochures around?), a VRBO fee (for safety), then there are cleaning fees and HUGE reimburseable insurance fees.

It seems that since VRBO, Homeaway and AirB&B are now on the same website you can't get a deal

Are any of you using any other sites with better results?

Thanks in Advance.

Honored Contributor

We booked a home through Air BNB about a month or so ago in CA for Labor Day weekend.

What I did notice is that some of the same houses were on both sites and the prices were higher on Air BNB then VRBO so I assumed Air BNB must have higher fees than VRBO but I don't really know anything about these sites.

I will say that when we looked at the price of the booking, when all was said and done and the booking was finalized, with all the cleaning fees, this fee and that fee, our price was quite a bit higher.  I don't have my paperwork with me but I can look at home at all the fees we paid.