Super Contributor

USPS delivery time stamp off by 5 hours!

I've noticed this for some time now, but today was the proof! I was getting 3 items delivered today from USPS, 1 from eBay, and 2 from QVC. The 1 from eBay was delivered @ 1:58PM, and it says so. The other 2 from QVC were delivered at the exact same time, but it says they were delivered @ 8:58 AM. WHAT???

This has me concerned as this seems a little shady on someone's part. Has anyone else noticed this? If it was the post office, and they set their scanner to a different time, then everything delivered would have the same wrong time. So, it seems, it has to be something QVC has coded into something for some reason to give us false delivery times.  I had another delivery last week, from QVC, where the 'out for delivery' time stamp was after the delivery time stamp. 

What gives? Any ideas?

Honored Contributor

Re: USPS delivery time stamp off by 5 hours!

All my recent UPS and USPS delivery times recently have been in the early hours of the morning.  I don't care what they put as long as I get the package.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

I don’t know if this is what happened to yours but I had that happen before and I asked the post office about it and they said that my delivery person had scanned the package in the morning when she loaded it on her truck rather than when she actually delivered it. 

Respected Contributor

I don't normally ask for specific delivery times because they have never been correct. All I want to know is when the item has been delivered. When I receive my Informed Delivery notices they will let me know my items are out for delivery and when they items have been placed in my mailbox or on the front porch. 

Super Contributor

@itsmagic wrote:

I don’t know if this is what happened to yours but I had that happen before and I asked the post office about it and they said that my delivery person had scanned the package in the morning when she loaded it on her truck rather than when she actually delivered it. 

But as I said, all 3 deliveries would have the same time, but they didn't.

Respected Contributor

OH gosh I just had that happen today!...I was waiting on a book, it said it was delivered to my mailbox (locked units at end of the street) It wasn't there..I called our Post office, & since the delivery guy was still out she said she would check...I got a call back & she said well he scanned everything ahead of time but hasn't actually delivered it yet...

So hoping my package will still come. Seems strange to me, but I guess they do that now..

Esteemed Contributor

They're not supposed to @quadmimi . That's laziness that's tolerated because some don't want to carry the scanner and do the awful task of scanning "beep" at the actual time of delivery..

My letter carrier is a gem! He scans packages in the yard, as he sets the parcel down.

Respected Contributor

@x Hedge wrote:

They're not supposed to @quadmimi . That's laziness that's tolerated because some don't want to carry the scanner and do the awful task of scanning "beep" at the actual time of delivery..

My letter carrier is a gem! He scans packages in the yard, as he sets the parcel down.

OH boy @x Hedge I will probably never get my mail now since I called the PO about it..

I just figured he put it in the wrong box, (which happens alot), our local PO has alot of issues so I guess this is another one!...Smiley Frustrated

Esteemed Contributor

@Tangocash wrote:

@itsmagic wrote:

But as I said, all 3 deliveries would have the same time, but they didn't.

Not necessarily.

Person delivering may not have loaded the truck.

Someone may've pre-scanned boxes, but not bags, or vice versa.

Someone may've started loading, and been relieved halfway through by someone with a different scanning habit.

Someone may've found a mis-sorted package on their truck and handed it over to the right truck.

Etc.

Esteemed Contributor

@quadmimi , it's also possible it's still in the back of the truck, temporarily overlooked. Misdelivered or 'lost' under a mailbag, hopefully, it'll show up in the next few days.