Honored Contributor

Re: Trip to Reno in JULY advice

@bonnielu 

Real Personal Safety aside,

🥵🥵Reno in JULY IS HOT AS THE HINGES🥵 

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Respected Contributor

I would bet that the majority of the other participants will back out causing the event to be cancelled.

Esteemed Contributor

Yes it's sad but you know what to do, you know what to do. ❤️

Honored Contributor

This is a no brainer.  I wouldn't be so concerned about the flights.  I've gotten emails from Southwest re the measures they are taking.  But I would be concerned about a dance festival with people from all over the world---NO!!  Would be surprised if the event was not cancelled.

Valued Contributor

Go.  Enjoy.

Planes have never been cleaner.  I am Delta Diamond and Southwest A LIst Preferred, having been a road warrior for years, until this March.  Planes are cleaned and sanitized and processes in place to keep people as safe as possible.

I would get on a plane tomorrow if I could. I miss it. 

Hotels have implemented stronger, stringent cleaning methods. You will have a clean room, I know at least if you are in a good brand. 

There will social distancing measures in place.  Do your part.  Don't let fear keep you from going.

I hope you enjoy.

Esteemed Contributor

It will most likely be canceled or most likely pushed out to the fall.  I've been to Reno and if you still go maybe you can visit Lake Tahoe.  That's a beautiful place........and a place you can probably social distance.   We plan to travel early December, I don't think we would consider going during the summer, too soon IMO.

Honored Contributor

I think the plane is likely to be the safest part of the trip.  I'm hesitant about the airport -  lines, check-in area, bathrooms, and then the transportaton to the hotel, restaurants unfamiliar to me, etc.  Zero ideas about the dance part itself. 

Trusted Contributor

I live in the Las Vegas area.  Only a few restaurant dining rooms are open at 25% or 50% capacity.  Malls are closed.  Nail salons and hair salons are open. We're in phase 1 right now.  I'm sure the dance festival will be cancelled.  

Trusted Contributor

It seems to me like this event would be cancelled, but even if it wasn't, I wouldn't go.

You said you wouldn't lose money if it was cancelled on either end but I have to confess, even if I lost money, I would still cancel.  To me, just not worth the risk! ..

Respected Contributor

1.  I wouldn't want to fly anywhere right now.

2.  I wouldn't be surprised if the dance festival is canceled.

3.  The last I've seen/heard on the news was that Las Vegas is still shut down.  That was about a week ago.