Regular Contributor

I am flying out to Denver soon to visit my daughter who will be having a baby. I am going United  basic economy so I am only allowed a personal item that will fit under the seat. The measurements will have to by 9 x 10 x 17. Any recommendations for an under seat backpack/luggage? Thanks.

Honored Contributor

Send a travel case via UPS a week ahead of time.    You won't need to take anything with you.........

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Valued Contributor

Vera Bradley items are very forgiving & plyable.  Even if you do not fully fill it it can be squished to fit under seat.  Also, I agree with previous poster.  Send clothing items by UPS about 12-15 days ahead and then send them back home the day before you leave.  Then you only need to bring 1 day change of clothes & your personal items on plane making it easier to fit bag under the seat.  Enjoy the new baby!

Esteemed Contributor

@joann1218 wrote:

I am flying out to Denver soon to visit my daughter who will be having a baby. I am going United  basic economy so I am only allowed a personal item that will fit under the seat. The measurements will have to by 9 x 10 x 7. Any recommendations for an under seat backpack/luggage? Thanks.

Lunch boxes are about that size!!

What are they thinking?

Honored Contributor

Agree about Vera Bradley bags.  Don't know how long your flight is but be sure to bring your own food and drinks.  Not much is served on flights nowadays.  We just came back from Las Vegas to Chicago and economy didn't get many amenities.

Valued Contributor

This is something QVC has that could work...11 x 10 x 6.  It's close to your measurements required of 9 x 10 x 7 and if not fully packed can be compacted into your space requirements.  Be sure to allow delivery time or go to the Vera Bradley web site and call customer service for delivery options & estimates.

https://www.qvc.com/Vera-Bradley-Hadley-On-the-Go-Satchel.product.A431474.html?sc=SRCH

Respected Contributor

@joann1218  I think you mean 9x10x17

Respected Contributor

@joann1218 

And you'll need a variety of clothes for layering. We are in Denver with snow / ice on the ground and currently 18°.  Could be 75 next week it fluctuates that much.

Frequent Contributor

I am writing about your comment about bringing your own food a drink.  Can you bring food from home and get through airport security?  You used to not be able to do that.  

Respected Contributor

@rockygems123  I was just going to throw that in there.  It used to make me laugh when I would see people downtown in March and April, attending conferences, all dressed in sleeveless dresses and sandals.  And it was 18 degrees.