Honored Contributor

Trip Report - Japan

[ Edited ]

Hi, everyone! Or, I guess I should say Konnichiwa instead.

I spent all day Friday on planes, arriving in Tokyo late Saturday. The drive from Narita Airport to downtown Tokyo was two hours and I was getting pretty tired of just sitting and doing nothing!

Today is Sunday and it will be around 63 degrees according to the local weather guy.

I got a pretty good night’s sleep and am ready for my first full day in Japan. Our group of 16 will get a briefing after breakfast this morning, and then we will do a bit of sightseeing.

We will drive by the Imperial Palace, Ginza, Tsukiji Fish Market, see the Odaiba district, have a boat ride at Tokyo Bay, ending up tonight with our first Japanese full-course dinner. I hope to have some photos to share with you.

Am having a bit of a hard time with this iPad, as the L cap came off! Must be in the plane somewhere on the floor. Wonder if I can come up with ways to not use the letter L in my correspondence on this trip!

I’ll be here until April 5.

Talk with you later!

Honored Contributor

Enjoy.I am looking forward to the pictures.

Trusted Contributor

@World Traveler Well, there's no "L" sound in Japanese, so you're in luck! My grandma called my sister Lynda, "Reen-da!" Woman LOL

I hope you have a great time! Looking forward to your report since that's the next big trip I want to do with my son. Just have to figure out how to save for that trip and his college. :/

Esteemed Contributor
I’ve been waiting eagerly for your report! Can’t wait to hear more. 😀
Honored Contributor

@pinkmochi I didn’t know about the missing L in Japanese language but that does explain pronunciations that I have heard.I love how your grandma said Lynda....cute

Trusted Contributor

I am jealous!!!!!  I can't wait to hear all the details 😁😁😁😁

Happiness is ALWAYS an inside job,
Don't assign anyone else that much POWER
in your life!!!
Trusted Contributor

How wonderful.  I enjoy your trip reports and tidbits of information and pictures. 

Respected Contributor

Can’t wait to read your trip report/see your pictures.  Arigato goziamasu!

Honored Contributor

Happy and safe travels.  Have fun.  I can’t wait to hear all about your trip.

Honored Contributor

@World Traveler - I taught outside of Tokyo for three years. I loved it and got to travel around the country. I will look forward to hearing about your adventures! Smiley Happy