Trusted Contributor

@SandPiper I never felt unsafe there. Our guides told us that pickpockets were the only type of criminal we had to worry about. However, what made me feel more comfortable, especially since many of the places we went to were very crowded, was the military presence. I know that it's strange for us to see military holding rifles in the streets, but it made me feel better that they were there since we've seen some acts of terrorism in Europe this summer. Whenever there were large crowds, you would see the military, the military police, and the local police. I don't know if that would make your husband feel more or less comfortable, but I never felt threatened. The guides only told us to not take pictures of the military personnel.

Hope that helps you convince him to let you plan the trip! Smiley Wink

Valued Contributor

@pinkmochi Many thanks for your post. I'll show it to hubby and keep my fingers crossed. I even wrote down the name of the tour. 

Sometimes the strength within you is not a big fiery flame for all to see. It is just a tiny spark that whispers ever so softly "You Got This - Keep Going"
Honored Contributor

@pinkmochi

I am so glad to read you had a wonderful tour.  We just returned from a week in Ireland and week in Italy.  We rented houses so we were on our own. Driving on the autostrada in Italy is like taking your life in your own hands.  Trying to maneuver city streets and finding parking can be a nightmare.

We've been on many bus tours, a few in Italy.  We love them.  They move you from place to place with such ease and comfort.  Most of our tour guides were wonderful and a fountain of knowledge.  I confess we eat few of the included dinners because my husband and I prefer to dine alone, but he always takes full advantage of the breakfasts. It is wonderful to skip long tourist lines.

My sister and I try to do chick trips every year or two.  This December we are doing some Italy, a little Switzerland and Paris. It will be a bus trip.