Esteemed Contributor

Re: Trip Report - Anthem of the Seas 6/26/17 (Bar Harbor and Halifax)

Since my flight was originally supposed to leave at 3:55 (currently scheduled for 10:15), I took a cruise excursion into Manhattan.  Quite an unexpected enjoyable day.

I am however going to stop for the time being. I've been hogging the plug (I'm actually allowing people to use my double plug, so not really) and, frankly, have been sitting on the floor since I got here!! Need to find a place to eat. Not sure if I will return tonight.

Hope everyone enjoyed so far!

Esteemed Contributor

@World Traveler wrote:

@Alter Ego Love your photos! Thanks for posting them.

Are you having any problems with the files being too big and having to go thru the app you told me about (and for which I still cannot post after reducing the size!)?

Not a problem.  These photos are taken with an old iPhone and so they are not too big (too detailed/too much contrast/whatever the correct term is.) I did have a problem with a few and ran the photoshrinker app on the photos and they worked fine after that.  Strangely, the ones I couldn't post were my screen shots, which had worked before. Maybe because the particular screen shot is old rather than fine that day?  Don't know why that's the case, but I'm not technical!

This is the app I use:

IMG_4481.PNG

And, when I click on it, it looks like this:

IMG_4482.PNG

After you select the photo, it will ask to delete the old photo (so test on something expendable)

IMG_4483.PNG

The smaller sized photo will be in the place of the original photo. Since I don't know what I'm talking about, I don't know if there's anything negative about doing this!  But, it does free up space.

This is on an iPhone; don't know what difference you will have with an iPad.  

Esteemed Contributor

I enjoyed your beautiful photos and trip notes so very very much. Thank you thank you for your generosity in sharing your trip and taking us along, at least it felt that way to me, almost like I could smell the salt water and was sharing your lobster roll, darn that looked scrumptious. Here's hoping your flight gets out this evening and that the wait goes quickly, airports can be soooooooo boring when you have long delays.

Honored Contributor

@Alter Ego  You poor thing still stuck at the airport!  Do you mind me asking where is home & have you been given a reason for the delay?

Esteemed Contributor

@JudyL wrote:

@Alter Ego  You poor thing still stuck at the airport!  Do you mind me asking where is home & have you been given a reason for the delay?

I'm home!! We just landed, so still have to get luggage and taxi.  Hoping for light traffic and being home 30 minutes after that.

Live in Chicago. Flew into Midway.  I never asked about the delay specifically; all flights were delayed or outright cancelled.  Apparently there was spotty weather today that effected much of the nation.

Honored Contributor

@Alter Ego Absolutely LOVED your report! The photos are amazing. When do you go on another trip, because I always enjoy your posts and photos! Heart

Honored Contributor

@Alter Ego  YEA!  Home sweet home!  Glad you finally made it.

Honored Contributor

@Alter Ego Yup! That is the same app I downloaded, but does not change anything once I try to attach it to my trip report. It does shrink them when I do it. It has a maximum of 50 shrinks at a time, but that's is not a problem. 

Oh, well. Hopefully, when I get home to my computer and not this iPad, I will be able to post all the photos from my trip that I think people would be interested in. It may be a setting on my iPad that I am not realizing is causing the problem.

Esteemed Contributor

@World Traveler wrote:

When do you go on another trip, because I always enjoy your posts and photos! Heart

November is the big trip for the year - Zimbabwe.  So looking forward to getting back to Africa.  Was it a coincidence that my taxi driver was from Africa?  I think not!!

I don't typically take this many trips - usually two (2 weeks and 1) with a possible weekend thrown in.  But my Havana cruise was too enticing to not book and I technically have the vacation days.  Had a job change that meant I overpaid into social security so I got "extra" back from that too in my tax refund, which helped with the costs.

Will hopefully finish up tomorrow with my NYC tour.

Esteemed Contributor

@Alter Ego, thank you for the great report.  I felt like I was there with you.  The long wait for the plane ... Lordy!  I confess to liking airports less and less.  Looks like a fantastic trip.  LM