Valued Contributor

Re: Travel question for New York City

@Reever , thank goodness you can stay in your little town.

Honored Contributor

wonderfulworld......glad you enjoyed your NYC trip.  Too bad Sardi's was a disappointment.  I have been there a few times while visiting.....mainly for convenience of theaters for a dinner.  I remember my first visit I was in "awe" because it was the well-known Sardi's!  The most recent visits were ok..... I guess I just loved my chocolate dessert.

There are definitely many good restaurants in the area....you will have to  return.  😀

Respected Contributor

@wonderfulworld wrote:

@nyc1 wrote:

@wonderfulworld  I didn't want to say anything about Sardi's either since you seemed so anxious and excited to go.  Sometimes the experience of just being somewhere is enough.  Glad you had a good time.  

I'll be there the end of this month to visit my sister and friends.

LOVE every second.

It makes a big diference if you know someone who lives right there I think. Have fun!

Thanks.  I'm from there as well, so I know my way around pretty much.  HOWEVER,  new things popping up all the time,  so it's an adventure for me as well.  

Respected Contributor

@wonderfulworld  Glad you had fun! I love NYC. I drive in and visit my son a few times a year. We walk around, go out to eat, spend time together. Dh sometimes goes but if not, I stay overnight so I’m fresh for the drive home.

Frequent Contributor

Will be in NYC the entire week of Thanksgiving.  Harbor Tour, broadway play, hop on/hop off and of course the parade.  Going to be a wonderful trip!

Respected Contributor

@Carol Diane wrote:

Can I ask what play you went to see?  Love Broadway!

To Kill a Mockingbird. Very good but we were kind of far up and difficult to hear some of the actors.

Respected Contributor

I was in the city today and we saw Tootsie-the Musical. It wasn’t our 1st choice in plays , but we went to TKTS and Ain’t too Proud was sold out. We got 3rd row Orchestra ( 1/2 price). Tootsie was fantastic - the ensemble was great and it’s playing at the Marquis Theatre. One of the nicest and more comfortable theatres to see Broadway in the city..