Respected Contributor

Re: Travel question for New York City

@wonderfulworld   So much to do, so little time!  (Sorry...  I used to live and work there.)  I hope the weather is good for you.  Have a great time!  

Respected Contributor

Have a great trip.   Nice jeans and a nice top will be fine.  If you can,  walk everywhere.  There is so much around you.  If the weather is nice,  don't forget to get up to Central Park.  When youi're up there,  have a hot pretzel from one of the carts!  YUM.

Respected Contributor

We are back...had a wonderful time despite the rain and wind. Hop on and Hop off tour of Brooklyn and a 2 hour pedicab tour of Central Park were my favorite activities. Food at Sardis was so-so. Soup lukewarm, deserts the best. We had a great view from hotel...43 rd floor. Hilton very nice. 

LaGuardia a zoo but we managed. We had shuttles to and from which took forever...cab next time.

We walked most places...pretty easy to find your way around. Enjoyed Columbus Circle and Rock. Plaza, walked from there to Times Square.

Thank you all for your advice...it was spot on. 

Trusted Contributor

@wonderfulworld wrote:

We are back...had a wonderful time despite the rain and wind. Hop on and Hop off tour of Brooklyn and a 2 hour pedicab tour of Central Park were my favorite activities. Food at Sardis was so-so. Soup lukewarm, deserts the best. We had a great view from hotel...43 rd floor. Hilton very nice. 

LaGuardia a zoo but we managed. We had shuttles to and from which took forever...cab next time.

We walked most places...pretty easy to find your way around. Enjoyed Columbus Circle and Rock. Plaza, walked from there to Times Square.

@wonderfulworld 

Glad you had a good time and did a pedicab ride.

I didn't want to say anything before you went, because you had made up your mind about Sardi's and I thought, maybe, it would be okay for you.  But, yeah -- Sardi's has been kind of a tourist trap and a second-rate restaurant for decades. 

Respected Contributor

@ILTH wrote:

@wonderfulworld wrote:

@wonderfulworld 

Glad you had a good time and did a pedicab ride.

I didn't want to say anything before you went, because you had made up your mind about Sardi's and I thought, maybe, it would be okay for you.  But, yeah -- Sardi's has been kind of a tourist trap and a second-rate restaurant for decades. 

You were so right about Sardi's!

Respected Contributor

@wonderfulworld  I didn't want to say anything about Sardi's either since you seemed so anxious and excited to go.  Sometimes the experience of just being somewhere is enough.  Glad you had a good time.  

I'll be there the end of this month to visit my sister and friends.

LOVE every second.

Respected Contributor

@nyc1 wrote:

@wonderfulworld  I didn't want to say anything about Sardi's either since you seemed so anxious and excited to go.  Sometimes the experience of just being somewhere is enough.  Glad you had a good time.  

I'll be there the end of this month to visit my sister and friends.

LOVE every second.

It makes a big diference if you know someone who lives right there I think. Have fun!

Respected Contributor

Too noisy and congested for my tastes. And the prices they are charge for EVERYTHING are through the roof. In my small town I can order a hamburger for $6 but in NYC that same beef will cost you $15. I cant fathom how anyone can afford to live in that city. The cost of living must be absurdly high. 

Super Contributor

I live in NYC. It's a wonderful place to live at. If I want to go to a museum  I can easily go.I don't have to make plans in advance. I can do almost anything. Many places to eat. You can meet different people from other states and countries. I am from NYC and have lived in a town of 70,000 and that was just too small for me. On a Sunday the only thing opened in the town was the mall. Travel to other parts of the state had to be done by car. In NYC if you don't want to drive you don't have to. I can even take a train easily to New Jersey and Connecticut. Life in NYC is convenient. 

Valued Contributor

Can I ask what play you went to see?  Love Broadway!