Respected Contributor

Travel question for New York City

Flying in next week. Staying in Times Square area. Doing hop on and hop off. Also dinner reservations at Sardis followed by Broadway show.

What is considered appropriate attire at Sardis for dinner....early reservation and the show following.

Thank you. Only taking a carry on.

Respected Contributor

Re: Travel question for New York City

@wonderfulworld wrote:

Flying in next week. Staying in Times Square area. Doing hop on and hop off. Also dinner reservations at Sardis followed by Broadway show.

What is considered appropriate attire at Sardis for dinner....early reservation and the show following.

Pretty much anything goes but you can't go wrong wearing a pair of black pants with a nice top. Wear flats as you will be walking. Have fun!!!!!

'I refuse to engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed man'.......Unknown
Respected Contributor

@wonderfulworld wrote:

Totally agree with @reiki604 .   It's not like it was years ago.   You can be casual comfortable but presentable.   Black pants and a top are always acceptable.  Ditto on the comfortable shoes!

Cinderella is proof that a new pair of shoes can change your life!
Honored Contributor

Nice pants and top, no sneakers or jeans 

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Respected Contributor

Thank you all. I feel better now!

Honored Contributor

I agree with other suggestions here.  Last time I was in NYC I did same thing......stayed in Times Square, easy walk to Sardi's and then to play.  Love Sardi's.  Enjoy!  

Trusted Contributor

@wonderfulworld 

You can wear jeans. You can wear sneakers. It's casual. 

Go to Yelp and look at pictures and video if you don't believe me. 

FWIW, I haven't been since the late 80s, but, we wore jeans even back then. 

Respected Contributor

Thank you everyone. Looking forward to it! I appreciate your advice.

Respected Contributor

How long will you be there?  If you like architecture AND history, take a tour of Grand Central Terminal .... My favorite building in NYC.  If like newer architecture, check out the transportation hub at the World Trade Center  It's spectacular!  Above all else, have a great trip!

Respected Contributor

Hmmm never thoguth of that

@ItsME wrote:

How long will you be there?  If you like architecture AND history, take a tour of Grand Central Terminal .... My favorite building in NYC.  If like newer architecture, check out the transportation hub at the World Trade Center  It's spectacular!  Above all else, have a great trip!

We will be there 4 whole days. Thank you for the thought!