Trusted Contributor

Re: Travel companies are coming back

@Travone    Awesome!  Your post put me in a good mood too!  I love to travel and so yes, with the grace of God, we will all be able to travel again.  Absolutely this is a good news post!  Thank you!  

Honored Contributor

I am getting traveling brochures in the mail again as well.  Some of the trips are for 2021 as well as 2022.  They are offering no raise in prices if you prepay 100%.

I enjoy reading the brochures, but just because they are opening doesn't mean I am going.  I am not ready to travel yet.

I am so glad I did most of my traveling before I retired.  All my friends and coworkers said I should wait until after retirement.   Thank goodness, I didn't.  I still have a few places on my bucket list though.

Esteemed Contributor

My husband and I had been planning a trip to Norway that we would have taken this month.  But due to the fact that we lost our business, that has been put on hold indefinately.  We did have our safari trip last January, in South Africa, and that was fabulous.  Then we came home and the world fell apart.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Super Contributor

We are flying to Florida on Monday.  Staying 3 weeks to look at 55+ communities to relocate to.  We are tired of Michigan weather and Michigan taxes.  Hopefully we'll find a few friendly communities to consider.  We will take precautions while traveling.

Honored Contributor

Congrats a little chilly here (Tampa) but by Wednesday expecting 80s.

Good luck in your new home search. There are so many new communities you'll have lots to choose from...they're building more & more everyday!

@teachergal 

Super Contributor

@teachergal  Have a wonderful time looking.  That sounds exciting!  What areas are you looking at?  We have a condo on the beach at Marco Island and love it.  We took 3 years to decide but my husband is not retiring for a while but wanted to have an area lined up before we relocate half a year or full-time.  All the best to you.

Trusted Contributor

I don't miss traveling but I do miss my daughter and granddaughter. I want to go to LA so bad but I am afraid. I wish I could get the vaccine and hope to but the whole thing is such a mess who knows. I was going Delta but they don't have any non stop flights to LA. If you have to spend three times as long in an airport and planes it defeats the purpose of the middle seat being open. Soon I hope.   

Honored Contributor

Keep on dreaming.