Honored Contributor

Re: Travel List - What is yours like?

Can't believe I forgot this on my list!

For any of you avid QVC shoppers, of which I am one, don't forget to delay any auto-delivery shipments you might have. I have several that were due this summer and have changed all the dates on them to start shipping right before I am to return in August.

It will be like Christmas a few days after I return! Smiley Happy

Valued Contributor

@World Traveler 

Checking the auto delivery dates  from QVC?  I would have never thought of that!  

GREAT IDEA!   

Not to sound paranoid here but...I am careful about announcing to ANY strangers I will be out of town.  We just have to be SO careful these days. 

Like I tell my 28yo Kiddo, you may trust your friend but what about HIS friends?  who knows who passes along private information that could harm you in the long run.  

Kiddo lived in a house with three other guys for a few years in college. He kept a lock on his room door not because of his roomies but who knows who could wander through and steal his stuff.   (He is a very cautious  Eagle Scout and Black Belt  *TOUGH*  guy).  <G>

Keep Calm and Travel On, 

CAT

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Here is mine:

Stop Mail Online
Set Vacation Check with Police Dept

For Airplane

Food for the Plane (nuts/Larabar)
Travel Tissues
Clorox Wipes
Hand Wipes
Hand Lotion
Travel Pillow/Blanket
Kindle
iPod
Boarding Pass/ID Holder
Amex Card (Work Only)

General

Cash
Camera
Sunglasses
Night Lights/Bug Plug-ins
Cell phone charger (house)
Kindle/Kindle Charger
iPod/iPod Charger
Electric Tea Kettle
Tea bags
Coffee
Coffee Travel Cup
Medication
Nail Polish/Kit
White Noise Machine
Hand Wipes (for purse)
Clorox Spray/Wipes
Binder Clip for Curtains
Crocs Slippers
Umbrella/Rain Coat

To Do

Turn Off AC/Heat
Unplug Computer
Unplug Microwave
Unplug Teapot

Work Laptop

Security Token
Badge

Rental Car

Tissue
Cell Phone Car Charger
Cell Phone Holder
Driving Glasses

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

Croc thong-style flip flops are a must for hotel room slippers.  They are all rubber, so they go right in the hot laundry cycle.

QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Trusted Contributor

@VaBelle35 I sleep to a white noise machine every night and used to lug mine with me when I travel. I now have an app (Relax M) on my iPhone I use so I no longer drag me sound machine with me.  😊

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."--Eleanor Roosevelt
Honored Contributor

@BExplorer

I used to take my main one from home, but I ended up buying the travel version of the one I have from Brookstone when I started traveling a lot.

I live in a townhouse and my bedroom overlooks the parking lot, so this helps soften the sound of people and cars coming home late and leaving early.

It does nothing for the snow plows, though ;o)

QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

@VaBelle35 Oh, I love your list! Bug plug-ins is an awesome idea! Never thought of that.

You must really like tea to take a kettle along. Smiley Happy 

I once had a white noise machine turned to waves or seagulls. In fact, there used to be a local radio station that played waves and seagulls from midnight to 4:00am. Wonder if I can find that station again. Thanks for the reminder of that once-loved habit. Can't remember why I stopped listening to that. It's a good thing to do if I wake up in the middle of the night and can't go back to sleep easily.

Binder clip for curtains! Dang! That's a good tip; love that.

Oh, yes, turn off the AC/heat. Need to put that on my list.

Thanks for posting!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@World Traveler wrote:

@VaBelle35 Oh, I love your list! Bug plug-ins is an awesome idea! Never thought of that.

You must really like tea to take a kettle along. Smiley Happy 

I once had a white noise machine turned to waves or seagulls. In fact, there used to be a local radio station that played waves and seagulls from midnight to 4:00am. Wonder if I can find that station again. Thanks for the reminder of that once-loved habit. Can't remember why I stopped listening to that. It's a good thing to do if I wake up in the middle of the night and can't go back to sleep easily.

Binder clip for curtains! Dang! That's a good tip; love that.

Oh, yes, turn off the AC/heat. Need to put that on my list.

Thanks for posting!

@World Traveler

Don't get me ranting about tea!  LOL

You can't warm up hot water in the hotel coffee pot because the water smells and tastes like coffee.  It's gross for tea, it's gross for hot chocolate, it's gross for oatmeal.  I drink coffee and like coffee, but not in my tea.

I have a small Braun electric kettle that I take with me for 2 or more nights.

Over night, I can get hot water at the hotel bar or coffee place.

QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

@VaBelle35 Are you a tea connoisseur? Smiley Happy I mean, do you go to places like the Teavana, which I think is owned by Starbucks. I like to walk by that place in the mall and just inhale.

Once I went in and asked about their teas, and the gal got out a whole bunch of big round containers, opened them up and fanned the lid over the container so I could get the full effect of the aroma. I loved looking at their teacups and it reminded me of the many tiny teacups my mother used to have up on her shelves, using a different one each day. 

I'm not a big fan of drinking tea; the closest I get is Sarbucks Chi Tea Latte!

Valued Contributor

@BExplorer

I have used a white noise relax APP on the I-Pad when at hotels and it is a good thing. 

My recent visit at The Westin/Savannah I requested a real  FAN and was  brought a very nice small  Honeywell  which worked out great.  The secret is to request the fan as soon as you arrive, if you wait until later they will be all out of them.   

The Honeywell fan was compact and could tilt with various speeds. I may purchase one for future car/road trip hotel visits. I like to have breezy air and the white noise sound.   

My next request  is a BALCONY!  I live on a screen porch and enjoy access to  fresh air.  

Keep Calm and Travel On, 

CAT