Honored Contributor

Re: Travel Chat - September 2018

New Lug bag you might like when traveling:

This busy-friendly crossbody bag features sassy stud details, a removable strap, and plenty of pockets. From Lug.

• Style: Pacer
  • Adjustable removable strap, back zip pocket, hidden side elastic pocket, front slip pocket with magnetic closure, front pocket with flap entry and magnetic closure, gunmetal hardware
  • Two front-wall slip pockets, front-wall zip pocket, back-wall zip pocket
  • Measures approximately 10-1/4"W x 7-1/2"H x 2-1/2"D with a 15-1/2 to 29-1/2" strap drop
  • Body/trim/lining 100% polyester
  • Imported

Colors: Cobalt Blue, Midnight Black, and Titanium Grey

F13349 - $49.86, 2 easy pay

Respected Contributor

My Pacer will hopefully arrive tomorrow. I ordered wine which seems to have sold out.

Honored Contributor

@chprsp Tell us how you like it (or don't like it). I thought the wine was really pretty. Heart

Respected Contributor

I love the wine color. I think it may work with Linea items I have in wine and port. It's a good size. I haven't actually used it yet. Probably I'll carry it Monday when we go to the VA hospital. I do wish it had some  cc slots so I wouldn't need a wallet but it's not a deal breaker. The snaps for the hidden side pocket will take getting used to. It's something I was in favor of because sometimes the magnet didn't work well when folding the pocket closed. However it does take more time to snap it.closed. The studs and zippers in gunmetal dress up the bag.

Respected Contributor

We’re flying to Rapid City, South Dakota this Sunday to begin our week long bus tour on Monday of Mount Rushmore, Yellowstone, Jackson Hole, etc.  We have a connection in Chicago though that I’m really worried about!  The airlines changed the time of our connecting flight and now we only have half an hour between flights. Yikes!   

Esteemed Contributor

@itsmagic I’m sorry about your updated flight times - one hopes that the airlines wouldn’t do it if they couldn’t actually accomplish it (but hope is the operative word).  I assume you are flying out of O’Hare as I know Southwest doesn’t fly to those locations (I’ve looked!) At least your 2nd flight should be in the same terminal; fingers crossed the gates are close by.

If you are taking checked luggage, I would be sure to cross pack in case one goes missing.  Maybe also include the contact information for the tour provider with your contact info.

On the plus side, Sunday’s weather is looking pretty great. Maybe you’ll gain some time in the air.

I hope all goes well and that you have a fantastic trip! Those are all places I want to see some day.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@World Traveler

Good morning, World Traveler!   This isn't related to traveling, but it's something you and I discussed along time ago and I thought you might be interested in an update.   This is in reference to the strange way the website treats your nickname when we try to use the "@-plus-name" method.   

With most of our names we can enter a space, or a return, or other text immediately following the "@name" and the "@name" continues to be a hyperlink  (meaning that we can click/tap on it and it takes us to the person's profile and also it generates an alert).   

With your name, if we type anything after it, it reverts back to plain text  and you won't receive a notification and if we click/tap on it nothing happens.   

This morning I saw this with another poster's name -- I had time on my hands so I did some detective work and discovered it was because there are 2 spaces in the nickname between the first word and the second word.   This reminded me that you and I had talked about this software bug before, so I wanted to offer this heads up in case it's helpful.

To see evidence of this one-space/two-space difference, try a search of the site user file (use search bar at top of page, change "Community" to "Users" and click/tap "GO").   

If we enter "World Traveler" (one space in the middle) your nickname won't be included in the results.   

If we enter "World  Traveler" (two spaces in the middle), your name is the one the search will find.

I didn't know if you wanted to go into this again, but just in case you're interested...  there might be an easy fix.   If the system will permit you to change your nickname to the one with only one space between the two words, it still will be linked to all your posts so don't worry about that.   And it won't even be something any of us can see -- but it most likely will fix this bug that makes it very hard for us to notify you with the "@" sign.   

If you want to try a change, go into "My Account," look under "Personal Information" and select "My Nickname."  It's possible this wacky site won't allow you to make that slight change, telling you the name is already in use (it's kind of glitchy that way), but it might be worth a try.   

Give me a shout if I this was clear as mud and I need to do a better job of explaining.   Sorry to barge into this lovely thread with my post!   I hope everyone here has a lovely day, and for those of you who are in the path of Florence -- or who have loved ones there -- my heart goes out to you, as do my prayers.❤️

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@dooBdoo Hey, there! 

The only people who seem to have a problem with bringing up my name are ones who do NOT use the drop-down in the thread that I have already responded to. Know what I mean? If they would use that, there would be no problem. And I can always tell when people use the drop-down list of names because it works every time and I get the notification.

Likewise, it doesn't work if they mention me in a thread that I haven't already posted in.

If you check the very first post on this thread, the one I did to start this thread with all the posters' names, any of those people who have a space (or two) between their name did not come up as a notification for them. I have tried to enter their name the way you mentioned, but it doesn't work for me. Smiley Sad*  So, my hope is just that they read the thread and see that I attempted to notify them.

I have also tried to go into my profile and change it and the moderators have tried to do it for me, but to no avail.

I know when it happened. It was originally okay and a long time okay bebe said she could not easily enter notifications for posters who had a space in their name and asked (or perhaps suggested) about the possibility of making it ONE word. So in order to make it easier for her, I did that. I changed it to WorldTraveler. She was able to successfully include me in the notifications from then on without any extra effort on her part.

But it wasn't long after that when I didn't care if I got notifications from her about upcoming events, prices, etc., because I was already getting that information from QVC or the presentations themselves (how much one saved by getting the special, etc.), so I asked her to remove me from her notification list and I changed it back to World Traveler. But.....that was no longer available and I had to put an extra space in to get it back as closely as possible to what I had. Evidently, once a name is used and changed to something else, you can't get it back. Or, at least back then that was true.

It's really no problem for me this way and I haven't thought about it in a long time. I prefer it as two words and not one, and I get a bit bent out of shape at myself when I think that it's my own fault for changing it in the first place. ha!

As it is now, if someone tries to notify me in a thread where I haven't already posted, the chances of me seeing it are only good if I am interested in the thread they posted my name in, and I read every single post. 

Thanks for thinking of me though. I appreciate it. Heart

Respected Contributor

@World Traveler

I’ve learned that if a poster has one (or two) spaces in their name to return after their name and type the message on a separate line rather than using a space after their name (which takes away the notification feature). 

Honored Contributor

@itsmagic Yes, I remember that tip too. Long time ago someone (think it was @Alter Ego) mentioned that. Heart

Speaking of @Alter Ego, her trip to Greece is coming so, so s-o-o-n! Whoop, whoop! So excited for her. Greece is a lovely place to travel to. Cruises are so much fun there. Oompha!