Honored Contributor

Re: Travel Chat - October 2017

Is anyone going anywhere this month? I feel like it is a "dry" month for me. No travel plans further than 15 miles, and that's to shop!

Still looking forward to Japan, but that's not until the end of March. Way too long. So, I am hoping to live vicariously thru your travels this month.

Let us know what you have planned for the month and if you want, please report back on your experiences. I love to read all your posts of what you've been up to.

Valued Contributor

@World Traveler  

Travelon has some nice bags on QVC you might like to window shop? 

This terrible Las Vegas shooting has me sad and a bit depressed to be honest.    

I was watching HSN earlier, they are having all day craft day and I am a  COLORISTA. Crafters Companion has this vendor  SARA   who has a lovely Scottish Lilt  accent. 

DH has a CPA Business trip to Minnesota the middle of October in the works.   He just got back from Chicago trip and commented that his rolling computer bag (Tourister) saved his shoulder and was glad   *WE*   suggested it to him a few months ago.  

Sometimes he will ask me  SO? What are the Travel Chat Gals up to?  <G>

Keep Calm and Do Check In, 

CAT

Honored Contributor

@Alter Ego  thanks for posting the info re the OAT contest.  Wouldn't it be nice if someone we knew won! 

Respected Contributor

World Traveler, I recall you like to take a book with you when traveling. This morning I discovered Mary Stewart's books are now on Kindle. I've been buying and downloading madly. Some are as low as $0.99.

Honored Contributor

@chprsp You are right; I really like Mary Stewart's books. Thanks for the heads up! Heart

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

688D1BC4-AD0A-4B39-932A-4798ACAD2B6C.jpeg

I love countdowns!  

Hope everyone is having a great weekend!  Gray and cool here today, but better than the rain we had all day yesterday.  Wanted to do nothing more than cuddle with kitties (whether they wanted to or not) and stay in bed!

Honored Contributor

@Alter Ego  Can I please go with you!  LOL  I must admit I am very envious of your trip to Zimbabwe.  I will be with you in spirit!  Looking forward to hearing every last little detail.

Esteemed Contributor

@JudyL - the more the merrier!!  Can you fit in a 24 x 10 x 10 inch bag? LOL - I shouldn’t have, but I “had” to buy a new safari bag in those dimensions.  I had a Rick Steve’s that I’ve used before, but is smaller.  I always end up with the smallest bags, and was hoping for a bit more space! I’m pretty well prepared otherwise, although still don’t have my Johannesburg tours set yet.

I kind of don’t know what to expect.  Will definitely be a different experience - there will even be several days when I won’t have internet access!  I just can’t believe it’s coming so quickly!  

Honored Contributor

@Alter Ego  i forgot if you told us - are you just going to Zimbabwe?  How long will you be in Joburg?  Where in Zimbabwe are you going - Hwange perhaps?  Sorry for all the questions - just excited for you.

Esteemed Contributor

@JudyL - three nights in Joburg (I get there late on Sunday, so only 2 days to tour), 2 nights Victoria Falls (at this time of the year, more like a Trickle than a Falls), 3 nights Hwange and 3 nights Mana Pools.  Zimbabwe has been in the 100s!! Hot hot hot!!!