Trusted Contributor

Re: Travel Chat - March 2019

World Traveler, you find the most interesting things!  I think it would be a fun surprise.  At least the three day thing.  My DH, however, always like to know the where, when, how of a trip weeks in advance.  (He's an engineer, of course!)

After he retires, I might be able to get him to do the three day thing.  Sounds like fun.

Respected Contributor

Not sure if I would do it since I have the same reservations you have but thanks for posting. I love reading about new travel ideas. 

Honored Contributor

@Sammijo10  I like to find different things to do, think outside the box, etc. I guess I get bored easily, so I need ways of traveling to keep me interested.

I believe I will try this during the summer and see what happens! It is only three days and two nights, and part of that time you are traveling (driving or flying) to your destination. I would specify that I want to go to another state. If it is a nice experience, I believe I will do the Mystery Tour with the company in San Francisco. They do longer trips and do ones overseas.

I would also like to do the murder mystery tours. Haven't seen any information about them lately, but they are similar to going to a murder mystery dinner/play, and you interact to solve the mystery. The one I read about years ago was in a castle in Scotland. I never followed up to get more information, and now I don't recall the name of the company who handled it.

Honored Contributor

A little travel humor to start your day:

Travel.jpg

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

@VaBelle35 Smiley LOL Love it!

Esteemed Contributor

Sounds like fun.  They may pick a place that you may have thought about going or a place you never would of going to but would enjoy.  Cool.

Honored Contributor

@qbetzforreal Sounds like you are open to adventures or doing different things. Kindred hearts. Heart

Esteemed Contributor

@World Traveler - I love to travel.  We're only alloted some much time.  I wish I had done more in my younger years.  Slowly, making up for it.  So much to see and experiencing outside of a comfort zone.

Respected Contributor

@kaydee50 wrote:

For me, planning a trip is most of the fun. Sometimes, actually going is anticlimatic so I would never allow someone else to plan my travels.

This is exactly how I am too.  Would never ever allow anyone plan my trips.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Happy Anniversary to all of us! Two years ago on this date, after ten months of a single thread (and many, many posts on that thread!) called Travel Chat, QVC granted us our very own Travel Forum, making it official on March 7, 2017!

Thanks to all of you who enjoy this forum and for your contributions; and a special thanks to around ten posters (you know who you are) who kept asking QVC to give us this forum. Our perseverance made it happen!

The variety of subjects on this forum always surprises me and I enjoy reading all the tips, suggestions, and reviews of places you have visited.

Go ahead and celebrate! I, for one, plan to have a nice dish of chocolate ice cream; it's the way I like to celebrate anything! Smiley LOL

@Eva-QVC @JudyL @gacat123  @dooBdoo @Alter Ego @BalletBabe @VaBelle35 @itsmagic and all the rest of you!