Esteemed Contributor

@AlsaceGal wrote:

I always look at the group tours to see their itineraries and plan my own trip using them. Most are laid out logistically. I prefer traveling on my own, more exciting and one gets to meet the local people. 

Or, even if I don’t use their itinerary, I like to see what hotels they are staying at.  Depending on the tour group, there are assumptions that could be made about the level of quality.

Esteemed Contributor

@World Traveler

Presale is up on the luggage.

7DB7847B-CC89-47C4-956B-3674A528228D.jpeg

I think one of the newest things in this type of luggage (carry on, at least) is having a charger in the luggage (can pop out if need to check.) I’m surprised Joy Mangano hasn’t done that yet, actually.

Honored Contributor

@Alter Ego Thanks a lot! The color shown is pretty.

Although I see the benefits of the hard side, which is what this looks like, I need to have the soft side for some of the smaller types of transportation that I sometimes use.

When in Africa, it was mandatory that we have soft-sided luggage because 12 of us were transported in little planes in between safaris, and those plane could only carry three passengers, the pilot, and luggage. So they were stuffing our duffel bags in every corner they could find under, over, and around our legs! ha! 

And in the Amazon we were transported by small motor boats into the back waterways; again, could only take a duffel bag.

So I hesitate to get hard-sided luggage. Maybe if I knew I would be buying a priceless piece of porcelain. LOL! But then again, I would just have it shipped.

I'm looking forward to watching the Travel in Style shows tomorrow. I hope it isn't just stuff that we see sold on QVC on any other day. Would like to see some special, unique things.

Honored Contributor

Well, did anyone purchase the TriForce Luggage today? Or any other travel item being shown? I haven't watched all the programs, but am still on the lookout for something new from Lug. I'm usually good for a new Lug piece.

Just wondering how successful the Travel in Style shows will be today. Would love to see more travel programs that have useful things we may purchase.

Esteemed Contributor

@World Traveler

I turned it on last night and they were showing Clark shoes.  I tried to look up the items on air, but it wasn’t working well on my phone.  Honestly, I’m not a fan of Rachel’s, so I didn’t continue to click back to it.

Trusted Contributor

I've been disappointed with the 'Travel with Style' shows today - they've all been repeats of last night's 9 PM show and the only REAL travel item I  can see is the Tri-force luggage.  Hopefully tonight's live shows will have more in store.  

Honored Contributor

@Sammijo10 I agree. I got home from work and look at four repeats; and you are correct, only the luggage was a real travel item. I am disappointed too.

There are so many things that could have been  shown in a true travel show that many of us would have been interested in......different brands of luggage, carry-on bags, packing cubes, passport holders, small head/neck pillows, power adapters, luggage scale, walking sticks, compression socks, headphones for the plane, small Halo charger for the phones, skincare/makeup organizers, sun hat, small containers of fragrance (NEST used to have very small bottles; may still have them); alarm clocks, lightweight exercise aids (sometimes I take the round bands for stretching and toning), sleeping masks, suitcase locks, etc.

I am sure all of you could come up with some good suggestions.

Oh, well, maybe next time. Smiley Indifferent

New Contributor

I did Paris with Holiday Vacations and it was great! All taken care of, i bought 3 meals. and toured everything from Notre Dame to Monet's Garden. It was a 1 week history class.

Honored Contributor

@Mccavity I have not heard of Holiday Vacations. Were you satisfied with what they did for you?

Also, please consider telling us more about your trip, if you are comfortable doing so. We like to have travel reviews. It gives us ideas of things to do. Heart

Esteemed Contributor

@World Traveler

Are you any closer in choosing where you will go next?