Honored Contributor

Re: Travel Chat - July 2018

[ Edited ]

@JudyL When I posted the information for all of you, I wasn't tempted at all. But then as I watched the presentation, I was thinking that it is really great! I love the Riverwalk designs, the one with blue in it.

Actually one of the things I really like are the handles. 

Well, we have until 9:00pm to decide, right? LOL!!!!

Honored Contributor

@World Traveler

We do have until 9:00pm which may not be a good thing!  LOL  Its still calling to me!  I would probably go with the black or the gray.  Check in later and let us know if you caved.  Smiley Surprised))

Respected Contributor

I am another one that has enough but it is tempting. I've heard there were 3 colors initially shown that are not shown. Purple and a black river walk and navy. If I knew they'd be available later I would wait to order. I have the roundabout which I like except  for where the strap attaches. This looks like better positioning. I put the black on check hold while I decide.

if I get it I plan to use it next month when we fly to Colorado  Springs for my husband's military reunion.

Honored Contributor

@JudyL wrote:

@World Traveler

We do have until 9:00pm which may not be a good thing!  LOL  Its still calling to me!  I would probably go with the black or the gray.  Check in later and let us know if you caved.  Smiley Surprised))

@JudyL Ditto! LOL!

Honored Contributor

@JudyL You KNOW I got one, right? LOL!  

Got the Riverwalk Navy, which sold out not long after I purchased it.

Am thinking of getting the Firecrack Splits. Ordered it and cancelled it all within five minutes. But I'm thinking about it again. I don't know why, because I love the Tandem 2 wallet and one of the others I have. But Splits would nice to have when I just want to dash down to the store (or the donut house by my workplace!), or any other time I need less than a full-fledged handbag.

Oh, dear me. Still on the fence about the Splits. Good grief! Smiley Frustrated

Did you get the Scoop?

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@World Traveler

I caved at literally the last moment.  Ordered the brushed gray.  I have an accordian type wallet that I used last year on my trip to England and liked it so won't get the Splits but do like it.  

P.S.  Bet the Q is about ready to kill me.  I've cancelled and reordered this purse 3 times.  Finally decided to just get it.  So when I went back to re-order it, it was free shipping day!  I did decide on the black and not the gray.

Honored Contributor

@JudyL YAAAAY! You are a true Lug Nut, just like me! ha! And free shipping; way to go! Smiley LOL

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@World Traveler

Went ahead and put the Splits wallet - watercolor pearl - on waitlist.  I watched the video again and it looks like a nice wallet.  I like how this one is laid out and has so many slots.  The one I use for travel only has a few slots - enough for the one or two cards I take with me - ID, and health ins cards but not as many slots as this one.  Anyway, for every day use, this Splits wallet would serve me better.  Since it is on Waitlist it could be a while before I get it.

Honored Contributor

@JudyL Another YAAAAAY!!!! We are like-minded. The watercolor is lovely, that's for sure. My TSV has shipped, but the Splits is "in process."

Trusted Contributor

I wasn't sure if this should be posted here or in my Italy in October thread, but since it applies to any travel, I'll stick it here.

I was 'trolling' You Tube looking for some videos on the history or Rome or the Renaissance to send to my step-son and wife to help them know what they were looking at in Italy.  I watched a few documentaries (the BBC ones are the best!) and got some terrific ideas of more unknown places to visit other than all the 'hot spot' tourist attractions.  Some cafes and restaurants that looked pretty neat as well! 

So, the tip is go to Youtube and search on the city, country, region and see what happens!  Cool stuff!