Honored Contributor

Re: Travel Chat - January 2019

@Alter Ego Africa? Could also be India. Hmmmmmm......

How long do you plan to be gone? Maybe that will help. Then again, maybe not. ha!

Esteemed Contributor

@World Traveler

It is ONE CLUE a day!!

I’m not particularly good at this, so will probably be very obvious before the end! Some clues will be deliberately deceiving (but true) and some will be throwaway (as it will fit into my review narrative).  And, some will blatantly give it away.  

Not it sure what this one is yet... LOL

Honored Contributor

@Alter Ego Well, I have been googling foreign exchange rate gains and can't find a thing. The only financial wiz I know is off skiing in the Alps and not likely to respond to me. ha!

Esteemed Contributor

Clue #3:

#3 It’s not a bird.  It’s a plane.

This clue falls into the “fits my narrative” category with a bit of deception thrown in to make you look in the wrong direction. 

Summary:

#1 Just picked up 315,000 in foreign currency.

#2 Unlikely, but hoping to see big cats.

#3 It’s not a bird.  It’s a plane.

@World Traveler

I really hope you are joking!!

Honored Contributor

@Alter Ego Joking about what? I love a mystery and I intend to figure out where you are going before you get there! LOL!!  Well, I wasn't very good at figuring out where you were going the last time. Others figured it out way before I did. Smiley Sad

You mean about the friend in the Swiss Alps? Smiley Happy  If I could get a hold of him, I would. 

Oh, do you mean YOU picked up 315,000 in foreign currency? I was thinking you meant the wealth of the country went up 315,000! LOL!!!

Oh, geez....I better just quit before I am even more of a fool of myself. LOL!

Honored Contributor

Happy New Year to everyone.  No travel plans for me this year; was thinking 2020 but that is now looking doubtful. 

If you do have plans to travel near or far, have wonderful, safe, adventures!

Honored Contributor

@JudyL Hey, there, traveling buddy! How have you been? Have missed your posts. Heart

Did you get that other Lug bag; if so, how do you like it?

Hope all is well with you and do hope that 2020 will bring you a trip after all. I will keep my fingers crossed!

Esteemed Contributor

@World Traveler

Yes, I converted USD and am bringing with me 315,000 in the foreign currency of country in which I am starting my trip.  I will say that I hadn’t intended to include that as a clue, but it was such a ridiculously large number for such a small amount of USD and you had just started the January thread, that I couldn’t resist.  Hope I remember to take a photo of the money as it’s already packed.  Is always fun to see other countries currency.

@JudyL I know you were looking forward to your 2020 plans so hope you can still get away.  If not to Africa, then hopefully to somewhere else.

Honored Contributor

@World Traveler

I did get my mini PJ but haven't played around with it yet.  So much holiday stuff going on.  Maybe tomorrow.  Will see how things go re a 2020 trip.

Honored Contributor

@Alter Ego  I was so looking forward to a 2020 trip back to Africa but we'll see.  Finances are taking a hit in 2019 that was unexpected - not so much the hit but the size of the hit.  If I can't go to Africa in 2020, then I'll just wait and not go anywhere.  Would rather keep saving and spend my money on going back to Africa before I go anywhere else.

Enjoy your trip!