Honored Contributor

Re: Travel Chat - January 2018

Lug information on new bags available:

Convertible Essentials Wallet w/RFID - Roundabout - F12820 - colors are Brushed Red, Brushed Teal, and Brushed Walnut - $39.96 - 8W x 5H x 2D. 

North/South Convertible RFID Crossbody - Monorail - F13117 - colors are Black, Blush Pink, Fern Green, Pearl Grey, and Walnut, $59.98 - 12W x 12H x 2D

Lug Eco Shopper Three Piece Set with Pouch - F13052 - colors are Painted Stripe or Dot - $39.96. Got this and LOVE it! There are three of the same shopper, but depending upon the color choice, you get three different ones in a pouch. I got the Dot, so it includes the black dot, the cranberry dot, and the blue dot in a dot pouch. These shoppers are big enough to take to the grocery store; however, I plan to use them on a trip because I will have three lightweight bags that fold up in a small pouch (5-1/2W x 8-1/2H x 4D) that I can access if I buy too much and have to carry stuff back to the hotel. The bags themselves are 20W x 12H x 5-1/2D with a 12" strap drop.

Quilted RFID Convertible Bucket Bag - Jamboree - F13120 - colors are Brushed Black, Brushed Blue, Brushed Gold, Brushed Orchid, and Brushed Teal - $64.71, plus $5 S/H, 16W x 11H x 5-1/2D

East/West Weekend Duffel w/RFID - Shuttlebus - F13051 -  colors are Firework, Firework Black, Painted Orchid, and Painted Pearl. $99 plus $5 S/H; 3 easy pays of $33. What I liked about this one is that it has a clear pouch inside; measures 21W x 14H x 8-1/2 D overall; the clear pouch is 8-1/2W x 5-1/2H x 1/4D

Valued Contributor

@itsmagic 

Thank you for this essential five for travel list. 

I took a nightlight along for the dark bathroom once and forgot it in the outlet!  (oops)  Recent hotel bathroom had a nice blue flat screen style night light which was nice. 

Here are a few of my personal travel favorites: 

*  Small MagLight  Flashlight  (good for prowling or reading in dark room)

*  2 or 3 plastic hangers and a few wooden clothespins /clips

*  Travel size My Pillow (mine is purple for The Queen)   

*  Light Cotton  SARONG  in tote bag that is multi use 

*  Small Fan for white noise and air circulation in hotel by my side of the bed <G>  

Keep Calm and Travel On, 

CAT

Respected Contributor

I ordered the Lug Jamboree in brushed teal. Hope I like it. I recently got the Roundabout in the same color.

I have been going back and forth to a hospital 60 miles away and have been using the Wheelie for the nights I stay over. So far I'm pleased with it. I'm less pleased with the snow storms my region has been having.

Darn, the one thing I keep forgetting is a nightlight for the hotel bathroom.

Honored Contributor

@World Traveler

I saw these at Coldwater Creek and I immediately thought of you.

Respected Contributor

@gacat123

Love the idea of a small fan. I always try to set the room’s thermostat so the heating/cooling unit fan runs constantly for white noise but that isn’t always an option so the small fan would be very helpful. 

Honored Contributor

@lolakimono Awwwww, thanks for thinking of me! Heart  Have never seen anything like that. Very interesting how they display the globe.

Valued Contributor

@World Traveler and Lug Lovers, 

Recent Lug offer on QVC! 

Organized Carry All Mini Bus and Pouch    # F 1 2 8 7 1  $89.00   S/H $5.00   

I see in reveiws a lot of complaints about zipper problems.    

Keep Calm and Lug On, 

CAT

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I saw this in the January 26, 2018 issue of The Week. Thought you might be interested. Sometime I would like to try this or the mystery tours, which is basically the same thing. What do you think?

Letting chance decide your destination

The last time my partner and I took a vacation trip together, "I had no idea where we were going until we got to the airport," said Richard Chin in the Minneapolis Star Tribune. The secret was, we'd booked with Pack Up + Go, a travel startup that plans curated weekend trips to surprise destinations in the U.S.  Using an online form (at packupgo.com), you set a budget, specify cities to avoid, and check off interests. "Craft beer?  Historical sites? Theater? Spas?" The service picks a city, books flights and a room, sends an email telling you what to pack, and mails a big envelope labeled "Open for your surprise!" We opened ours at the airport...and landed in Seattle a few hours later. Using the tips we'd been provided, we walked to an art museum from our boutique hotel, ate well, and even took advantage of free tickets to the Space Needle. Some travelers like no surprises. Me? "I enjoyed the blissful ignorance of not having to plan a trip."

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@World Traveler

I first heard about Pack Up and Go when someone from my morning radio team tried it out (she was sent to Philadelphia).  They’ve apparently been featured on several TV shows (Today, for example) I actually follow them on Facebook and would love to try them one day.

Except I’m trying to go places I haven’t been before and my calendar is pretty full.  You are supposed to tell them where you’ve been in the US over the last few years, so they don’t send you to the same places.  Maybe one day you’ll see a mystery trip report from me, but not anytime soon.

You should do it!!!!!

Esteemed Contributor

If I see a host’s vacation blog post, I like to link to it.  Honestly, I haven’t seen too many lately!

This is MaryBeth’s post about her holiday cruise.

https://community.qvc.com/t5/Blogs/A-Roe-Cruising-Christmas/ba-p/4370565