Honored Contributor

Re: Travel Chat - December 2017

@lulu1 Thanks for your post!

I bet the decorations were wonderful all over the place. Haven't been to some of those places in many years, so your report brought back memories. 

Sounds like the United experience was good, smooth sailing. That is always nice when flying to other countries.

As to CD airport, I have never had a good experience with the French airport. I have found that they give me more scrutiny than others, and I believe it is because I am an American. I say that because when they do random checks for the carry-on luggage, I have watched them bypass their own nationality, but zero in on people I knew were Americans, including others in my group who were not standing next to me.

So once when I wasn't in a hurry, I got thru the extra checking thru my small bag, and I stood and watched them to see if they continued to have other Americans step aside, and sure enough, during the 15 minutes I stood by and watched, I saw three more be stopped and checked. Smiley Sad

Esteemed Contributor

@lulu1 - are you the person who also went to Europe (Paris specifically) last year around this time?  Thanks so much for the report; there were two last year (for Paris and Italy) and now yours today that really makes me want to go to Europe and see their holiday decorations for myself!

PS - I also took Economy Plus home from my recent trip and couldn’t believe the difference! Was so very nice and much more leg room. 

Esteemed Contributor

In a completely random post, I heard something fun on my local morning news today.

Friday (12/15) is National Ugly Holiday Sweater Day and, if you wear a festive “ugly” sweater on Alaska Airlines (or it’s affiliated Horizon or Virgin America), you can get early boarding.  In addition, they said there will be holiday songs, etc., playing.  That should be such a fun site to see!!

Respected Contributor

@Alter Ego wrote:

@lulu1 - are you the person who also went to Europe (Paris specifically) last year around this time?  Thanks so much for the report; there were two last year (for Paris and Italy) and now yours today that really makes me want to go to Europe and see their holiday decorations for myself!

PS - I also took Economy Plus home from my recent trip and couldn’t believe the difference! Was so very nice and much more leg room. 

@Alter Ego

I am but I must confess, last year Paris looked much prettier.  The trees along the Champs Elysee had tiny white lights and there was a Christmas Market along it.  The roofs were covered in twinkling lights.  This year there was no Christmas Market and the white lights were replaced with blue and yellow.

As for Ecomony Plus, it's great when the seat in front of you reclines and you do not have the occupant in your lap!

Valued Contributor

@Alter Ego @World Traveler  and ALL, 

Breaking News today  (Sunday 12/17) that Atlanta Airport is shut down due to a massive power outage around noon!!  No planes IN or OUT.  The airport is all electric of course.  Trains and moving sidewalks not working. Computers are down.   Standstill/Gridlock Alert!

Not sure what caused this, possible utility workers cut major lines.??     

WHAT A MESS!  Oh and the cell phone system is overwhelmed of course.   

More information online FYI. 

Keep Calm and Travel On, 

CAT

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

For those who like Lug. Luglife.com just had 12_days of Christmas specials. This is their 12th day and today only they are offering all the 12 days of Christmas special offers. Free shipping over $100.

Honored Contributor

@chprsp Hooray!!! Thanks for the post. Heart

Respected Contributor

I checkcouponbirds for coupons.

Honored Contributor

@chprsp Alas, they did not have what I was hoping for, the mini PJ in red dot. I have the black dot and wanted to get the red. I always check QVC first, but they don't seem to have any color of the mini PJ in stock. Was hoping the Lug website would have it at a greatly reduced price. Nope, it is still $95. Smiley Sad

I'm sure Ami will come back with it soon enough. Have been really loving the mini and use it at least 3-4 times a week.

Honored Contributor

Heads up, Lug nuts! I see that Wednesday, December 28, Ami will have two presentations. Maybe some new things coming? Double check the times, 'cuz if you are on the West Coast, one of the presentations is the evening on the 27th; East Coast, both presentations are on the 28th.