Esteemed Contributor

Re: Travel Chat - August 2018

@World Traveler

Current weather conditions 

5A8600EC-04B8-40B0-A297-AC9F547B7E13.jpeg

I just want to look cute! Plus, it’s a cruise leaving from Europe, so I expect to dress nicer in the evenings.  Ugh - I just feel like I either have work clothes or too casual.

My checked bag is large, but need to save weight to bring home wine from Italy! Definitely plan on wearing bottoms multiple times.

Honored Contributor

@Alter Ego I forgot that you were starting elsewhere than in Greece.

My sister and I wore short sleeves and Bermuda shorts most of the time. Of course, the ship was cold; but on land it was warm enough to go with something lighter. So our suitcases were quite light, relatively speaking, compared to other countries we have traveled to.

Are you getting enough wine to merit shipping it home so you don't have that extra weight?

Esteemed Contributor

@World Traveler

I’ll probably just buy a couple bottles. Might open one on board (if I remember to bring a wine opener so I don’t have to pay for the pleasure of using my own bottle). My coworker loves red wine and I want to bring her a good bottle.  I really don’t have a lot of time in Venice and, frankly, my brief days there are pretty packed. (I’ve been there before, so I don’t have to see all the usual sites; trying to see some different things.)

For some reason, I also want to look for real Italian pine nuts to bring home. And, then anything yummy from Greece.  Depending on where I go, sometimes I think I bring home more food items as my souvenirs!

Of course, I do have a few hours at the airport and will probably buy more wine there as carryon!