Honored Contributor

Re: Travel Chat - August 2018

@Alter Ego If memory serves me correctly, you are going on your next trip in September; correct? You will be posting all your wonderful experiences and photos, right? Just a gentle reminder that we are all here, eagerly waiting to hear about your next adventure. Smiley LOL

Esteemed Contributor

@World Traveler

Just for you...

E43C77CF-14D4-49B8-8288-14FB31BC6EE3.jpeg

Esteemed Contributor

@World Traveler

I’m hoping to post live versus waiting until I come back.  I think it’s easier and, frankly, forces me to go quicker and be more prudent in selecting photos.  Depends on how well the ship’s Wi-Fi will be (is one of their older ships.)

I’m getting a little stir crazy reading about everyone else’s plans - I suffer from major wanderlust!!  I can’t wait to go!

4E19D139-B3FE-442A-BFAD-40B1818CBC5F.jpeg

Esteemed Contributor

@itsmagic I had to look up what the heck a cleansing stick was!!  LOL - I really need to head over to the beauty forum to keep up to date!

Looks like it’s mainly for your face? Is that true?  Seems like a very interesting concept - by the Koreans, of course, who seem to be the current innovators in all things skincare related. I swear, if I ever go back to Seoul, I will be better informed and be sure to bring an empty bag for new products!

Honored Contributor

@Alter Ego Love BOTH photo/cartoon you posted. I am very excited for you. My sister and I had a fantastic time in Greece going from island to island. Opa! (or sometimes written as oompa!).

Lucky you! 

And yes, please post as often as possible. I truly think it would be a real test of the memory if I waited until I got home to post about my adventures.

How long will you be gone?

Esteemed Contributor

@World Traveler

A week and a day.  I technically leave Thursday night, arriving in Venice Friday afternoon. My cruise leaves on Saturday, September 22nd.  I think I’m back home on the 29th (leave Venice on the 29th, but arrive home same date.) Can’t take any more time off; I already took my longer two week trip earlier this year.

I’m not really happy about having to take the extra day, but it is what it is.  I’m running into the same issue with my 2019 trip to the US Southwest - that’s a tour that goes Friday to Friday.  How annoying that it doesn’t start on the weekend!

Respected Contributor

@Alter Ego wrote:

@itsmagic I had to look up what the heck a cleansing stick was!!  LOL - I really need to head over to the beauty forum to keep up to date!

Looks like it’s mainly for your face? Is that true?  Seems like a very interesting concept - by the Koreans, of course, who seem to be the current innovators in all things skincare related. I swear, if I ever go back to Seoul, I will be better informed and be sure to bring an empty bag for new products!

I had no idea what a cleansing stick was either until I happened upon it while out shopping. This one by St. Ives is for your face. It’s about the size of deodorant stick. I just thought what a great idea for travel and so far I like the results. 

Honored Contributor

@itsmagic  thats sounds like a great idea for travel.  Thanks for sharing!

Esteemed Contributor

Do you know what I don’t need?

A new bag.

Do you know what I just bought?

35592286-9DEF-429A-BD23-6FC2B339A050.jpeg

Sigh.

I told myself that I needed a smaller carryon that will hold my work laptop. Hopefully it fits.

I admit that I don’t think I’m buying as much for this trip as I usually do, clothes-wise. Going to try to use what I have.  I need to start planning outfits, though, because that can quickly change! 

Hope everyone is enjoying their weekend!

Honored Contributor

@Alter Ego LOL!!!! Luggage is always fun to buy, for me at least. Love getting new things for trips.

You should not have to carry too much where you are going. Weather should be nice and warm; correct?