Honored Contributor

Re: Travel Chat - August 2017

[ Edited ]

@gacat123

Yes, and I see other forums that have monthly chats for various things that they don't want to start a new thread on, like WEN. They talk about specific products in that line and then always have a monthly WEN Chat that seems to be just odds and ends of things having to do with his products. So that is a nice way for them to share ideas without starting a new thread.

I also note there are monthly exercise threads and various other monthly threads within specific areas. I believe I saw one in the Book Club where they start each month with something like "what are you reading this month," or words to that effect.

TV and Movies has “General Hospital – August Thread.” The Pet forum has “Pet Chat Corner,” which appears to start every two weeks. There is a daily Positive Thoughts thread in Among Friends and also the Bird’s Nest has a monthly thread.

Maybe do it this month and September. Then see if it has any value to all our posters and readers. It is really up to the gang on this forum. Whatever they want is fine with me. Heart

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@World Traveler,

I love to travel and I have learned many interesting things from your posts.I would love to have a monthly one.

Today is a very sad day for me Barcelona is one of the most interesting cities of Spain and exhudes culture in all senses history, art, music, great architecture and the most amazing cathedral by Antonio Gaudí La Sagrada Familia. Another dangerous place to travel now🌻Despite of all Viva Barcelona!

Honored Contributor

@itsmagic wrote:

We just returned from a family trip today. For the first time we rented a house for a week from the vrbo website.  We weren't sure how it would work out but it was great. The house had four bedrooms and three bathrooms and was very neat and clean. We had nine people (one in a pack n play) so was much cheaper than getting hotel rooms and we could cook some of our meals in.  I would definitely do it again. 

@itsmagic.   When we travel with extended family(my sisters and their families), we also get a house. It makes so much sense. Much cheaper than hotels and you have a kitchen, LR, DR,etc. We had one in Calif. that was so fancy and roomy I couldn't believe it and it was still cheaper than a hotel would have been.

Valued Contributor

@CHIP62 

Thank you for posting this beautiful photo of the Cathedral.  

I visited Barcelona about 10years ago (where does the time go?) and hope to return. 

Keep Calm and Travel On, 

CAT

Honored Contributor

Bummer! The photo, for some reason,Smiley Sad does not open on my computer. Grrrrrr!

Esteemed Contributor

I occasionally see host vacation blogs and thought this would be a nice location to post them when found.  This is Jayne Treacy's trip to Salzberg.

https://community.qvc.com/t5/Blogs/Find-Your-Dream/ba-p/4008827

Honored Contributor

@World Traveler

What was the name of your trip leader for the Englad trip?  Just got an email from mine and in talking to her, she said she did a trip at the end of June so I'm wondering if I have the same person you did.

Honored Contributor

@Alter Ego

Thank you for drawing my attention to JRT's blog.

Salzburg is one of my favorite places.  My husband and I have been there a number of times, both in summer and winter.  I must admit, the most fun time was when my sister and I went on a chick trip bus tour. Between Vienna and Salzburg our tour guide had us watch The Sound of Music.  Of course 90% of the ladies knew 90% of the songs. (and we sang along with the movie)  The hills were (indeed) alive with the sound of music.

Valued Contributor

@World Traveler 

8 / 20 Sunday Update:

Just returned from our first camper travel overnight trip. 

I posted a detailed report over on Camper Travel.  

HOT and HUMID here in SW GA,  thank goodness for the camper AC. 

I also took along a simple box fan and extension cord for sitting out under the awning in the old but comfortable camp chairs with small garden bench between them as a table.     

I like using items we already have in a recycle manner <G>   

ECLIPSE DAY tomorrow on Monday  8/21 !!     

Keep Calm and Travel On, 

CAT

Honored Contributor

@CHIP62 YAY!!!! I finally got to see the photo. WOW! Awesome colors. Thanks for posting. Love it!