Honored Contributor

Travel Chat - April 2018

[ Edited ]

This will be another new month of threads that I look forward to reading in April. I always learn from our savvy posters, and am eager to expand my travel knowledge by reading what you have to say. Perhaps @BalletBabe will be making her random journeys around her yard and tell us about her unique finds! 🤣

Meanwhile, here was what I read in last month’s new threads:

Today I Traveled to My Garage by @BalletBabe
Flower Power Cruise by @MoodeeFan 
Samantha Brown Today’s Special Luggage at HSN by @JessMe 
Luggage by@bargainsgirl
Cruising New England and Canada by @mac116
Cabin in the Pococonos by @MsMagoo 
DC Cherry Blossom Delay for Peak Blooms by @sunshine45.  
Williams and Sedona, Arizona Report by @granddi.  
Here’s Why You Should Always Take a Photo of Your Stove Before You Go on Vacation, by @VaBelle35.   
What Was it Like for You to Travel Years Ago?
Grand Canyon Adventure by @Kachina624  
Day Trips From Santa Fe by @rygimom
Philadelphia in a Day; is it Necessary to have a Guided Tour? by @house_cat
International Calling by @Deanie
Susan Branch Fans...Follow Her Travels by @Colinka
Advice for a trip to Greece and Ireland by @Happyp
Terminal 4 at JFK Empty by  @CHIP62 
Trolly dolly by  @Wenawen        
Gaitlinburg Vacation Suggestions by @qualitygal 

Happy travels, wherever it may be! ❤️

Trusted Contributor

Re: Travel Chat - April 2018

[ Edited ]

I am going to Bogota, Colombia the last week of April and will do a trip report.  It won't be as good as @World Traveler does since I consider hers to be the benchmark of travel reporting. But will try my best. Smiley Wink 

Honored Contributor

@CoffeeNut I’m a little obsessive in my reports. LOL!   It’s mainly done for me so I can remember what I did when I start to get forgetful in my old age. Ha!

i look forward to reading your report. I have never been to Colombia, so I will be reading intently what you have to say about it. Maybe it will end up in my bucket list! Heart

Esteemed Contributor

@World Traveler

I can’t believe you have time to set up the new monthly thread!

This time, in four weeks, I will already be partway across the Atlantic. Leaving 4/28.

Can’t wait for @CoffeeNut ‘s review!  Columbia is becoming a big tourist destination.  I admit that, when you first brought it up in a prior post, whether you were Colombian? (Stereotyping the nickname “coffee”)

Trusted Contributor

@Alter EgoMy husband is Colombian and his family still lives in Bogota.  This will be my third trip there to visit.  This will be a very fun visit.  His sister's little boy will be celebrating his first birthday while we are there.  We went June of last year to see him but now he is crawling and doing all things cute babies do.  I already have one suitcase completely full of baby toys, cute little outfits, etc. 

Honored Contributor

We're leaving in the morning for Bisbee, Arizona. We've been to Arizona several times, but never Bisbee. My son has been living there the last few months, so we're heading down for a visit.  

~ house cat ~
Honored Contributor

@Alter Ego We expect your usual fantastic report with loads of pictures! Ha!

Esteemed Contributor

Just got an email from HSN.  Interesting - at first I thought you would buy the package through HSN, but looks like they connect you with the resort’s website and you input a code to get a credit.  Not bad, I guess, if you can use it! 🤷‍♀️ 

257005CB-0732-42EB-8C52-087DA577FE5D.jpeg

Honored Contributor

I made a last minute decision to take myself back home to NYC this month for a few days.  It's been a while and I need some joy in my life. 

Hope everyone enjoys their April getaways as well.    

Respected Contributor

@Alter Ego wrote:

Just got an email from HSN.  Interesting - at first I thought you would buy the package through HSN, but looks like they connect you with the resort’s website and you input a code to get a credit.  Not bad, I guess, if you can use it! 🤷‍♀️ 

257005CB-0732-42EB-8C52-087DA577FE5D.jpeg

@Alter Ego

We stayed at the Moon Palace in Cancun when it was new. (20+ years ago)  Back then it was the epitome of luxury.  I'm sure it's been overhauled since then.

Next week my sister and I are taking a sister trip to Ireland.  As she lives on the other side of the country, I look forward to our time together.