Esteemed Contributor

Re: Travel Chat - April 2018

Why is it that, even though I have my own travel plans, I still get jealous of other’s trips?

Enjoy NYC and Ireland!
Honored Contributor

Two new Lug bags on this morning.....so far!

Sprinter, F13224, is a north/south tote. Really nice looking and new floral designs. Inside arrangement is different than before and I love it!

Samba, F13221, crossbody. What I like about this is the new colors offered, at least to me they are new. There is a beautiful brushed lilac. So very soft looking for a color.

Esteemed Contributor

I bought the F13221 in silver (like I need another bag). It’s a shame they weren’t on a week ago!

The size looks nice for holding a camera.
Honored Contributor

@Alter Ego When it comes to Lug....for me, it doesn't matter that I don't need it; they are so darn cute! ha!

Respected Contributor

My sister and I returned Tuesday from a Chick Trip to Ireland.  Would you believe we had the same  tour director we had 18 years ago? (back then she was with a different company)

We had a grand time.  The weather was (mostly) typically Irish.  The first few days it spritzed.  The next few were beyond windy. (West coast) The last few were sunny and warm.

Our flights and hotels were great.  This was probably the easiest trip we've taken together.  Now we need to decide where we will go on our next sister journey.

Esteemed Contributor

@Alter Ego, I laughed when I read your comment.  After 30 years of travel for work I HATE airplanes.  You can have my share of trips hehe.  If I can get there by car and get there within 24 hours, that is my preferred mode of travel these days.  So much hassle to fly.  

We are leaving in a week for a trip to South Carolina and, of course, we must fly.  Dread the thought.  LM

Respected Contributor

Just got back from Hawaii...  went to Honolulu to see Pearl Harbor,  Big Island, Kaui and Maui.  We especially liked Big Island and Maui.  Honolulu was way too touristy.  We got lucky with the weather, and only had one day where is drizzled for a good part of the day.  The day we got to Kaui, we drove up to the northern part of the island for lunch and it was raining lightly.  After lunch we made our way to our hotel on the southern part of the island.  That night, the northern part, where we had been the day before, had so much rain,  they had mud slides, road closures, etc.  27" of rain in 24 hours!  Awful.  Hawaii is so magnificent and the people to warm and kind.  It was a great trip.

We may go to St. Lucia in Dec,  looking at a Spain/Portugal trip mid 2019 and Greek Islands with a small boat trip in 2020.  Having fun looking, deciding, and planning at this point. 

Esteemed Contributor

And so it begins...

467AF158-92DC-434C-9EAC-70E325AEDED9.jpeg

I will say, without being on the plane yet, that Etihad is so far impressing.  Easy check in with a woman checking, weighing and tagging all carry ons before you get in line.  And then, after multiple cattle herding, hunger games boardings of late, they have very nice zones to get in line behind!

AD20E572-101C-4C60-B115-511035E13283.jpeg

😊

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Alter Ego Oh, can't wait to hear all about what you are doing.  And, of course, those fabulous pictures you ALWAYS post! We know you were heading east "across the Atlantic," so there are so many possibilities.

Happy travels! Be sure to check in with us and give us the scoop! Heart