Respected Contributor

Has anyone taken a train from Kingston, NY to Montreal/Quebec?

Honored Contributor

We took Amtrak from NY Penn Station to Montreal years ago way before the pandemic.  At the time it had a dining car open to everyone and was a very pleasant ride and parts of it were very scenic as I recall.  I think that route has just recently reopened.  Would do it again if I were in NYC and heading to Montreal, at least one way.

Honored Contributor

No, but I'd love to ride the train across the Canadian Rockies to Vancouver.  I've seen a lot of Alberta by car and it's gorgeous but haven't been to B.C.  Bucket List.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

No, but I'd love to ride the train across the Canadian Rockies to Vancouver.  I've seen a lot of Alberta by car and it's gorgeous but haven't been to B.C.  Bucket List.

We did the VIA from Edmonton to Vancouver and it was spectacular.  The Canadian Rockies are magnificient!

Respected Contributor

Once, years ago. It was pleasant but took hours to cross the border. Once was enough.

Respected Contributor

We traveled to Canada on the Rocky Maountaineer and it was fantastic. Spring for the super-duper trip if you can afford it.

Honored Contributor

I have a friend arriving from England the first two weeks in June.  She's a train fanatic and I've been on some wonderful train trips around the country because of her.  (My favorite remains the Toltec-Cumbres.)

But both she and I would love to do the Canadian Rockies.  Alas, money is an object for both of us, but I've promised her, if I ever hit the lottery, we're going!