Frequent Contributor

Re: Today I traveled to Walmart

I have to say that shopping at the Walmart near me could make you go a little crazy!  To be fair, I haven't been in a Walmart in over 2 years so things may have changed.  When I would enter the store, the first thing I always saw was a disorganized, messy store which is always management's fault.  Items on the floor, Products haphazrdly placed on shelves - customer issue, but knowing what happens at that store there should be supervisors checking things out!   How would you as the customer like to take something you want to buy off the shelf but first have to check that the price on the shelf is for the item you're interested in.  And then the checkout - something to dread!  Lines usually long but there was a reason for that at my store.  No supervision of the cashiers!  Either they were on their cell phones or they were talking to friends or co-workers who would stand next to them!  The customer was ignored.  The last time I was there the cashier. while on the phone charged me twice for one item.  I had to pound on the counter to get her attention to correct her mistake and she looked at me totally annoyed that I interrupted her.  I did report her at the office but I doubt anything was done!  And that was the last time i was ever at Walmart.  I have been in another Walmart about 60 miles from my house and it was like shopping in Target - clean, neat, pleasant employees so I know that my Walmart is either an abberation or the way it is at most Walmarts.  

Honored Contributor

I just dispise Walmart and very rarely go there but I have to say our local Walmart always has plenty of cashiers (longer lines are because they are always busy), neat and well stocked.  I just don't like the layout, all the people and the way Walmart treats their employees who a large percentage have to get FS because the pay is awful and they utilize too many part time workers who work the maximum to avoid better pay and benefits.

Ours does not stop anyone to check their reciept either.  Boy if ours was like what some describe then I would never set foot anywhere near the store!!! 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@BalletBabe wrote:

Why you ask????  I have no clue.  No cashiers and long lines.  Is it Christmas or something???  I came home and ventured out in the yard.  Someone explain to me why I have a rooster and a chicken hanging out here?    I am not on a farm last time I checked?    

@BalletBabe I love your sense of humor. Smiley LOL Always look forward to your posts. Heart

Esteemed Contributor

Was it "nap time"?  Most of the Snowbirds have left already.  Back to a normar lifestyle!

Wild chickens are protected.  They roam anywhere they would like to roam.  

Valued Contributor

I enjoyed the original post. Random thoughts, why not? We all have them and it would be kind of cool to find chickens in my yard.🐔🐔🐔🐔

Valued Contributor

Maybe the greeters are asked to check receipts for double charges if you only bought one item? It might help them have less of a line at the help desk later. Or they only do it when they have new employees at the registers? My Walmart has done it, but the last time they didn't. Kmart doesn't have the wait at the checkout, and less crowded, so I mostly do my shopping there.

Esteemed Contributor

@Foolywooly11 wrote:

@BalletBabe: The thing that irritates me most about Walmart is the employee who blocks the exit & wants to compare what you have in your bags to your receipt! I understand, like any retailer, that loss prevention is a major concern, but I don't think I should have to allow some stranger to view the items I have purchased! As far as I'm concerned, they have cameras, security throughout the store, cashiers. That's when they should be monitoring me! But once I've paid for my items, they are mine, & nobody else's business! Unfortunately, they have squeezed out many other retailers in my area; 3 grocery stores & several "general" stores, to name a few, & I find myself patronizing WM sometimes when I happen to be on that side of town, but I try not to make it a habit! 

@Foolywooly11   Wow my Walmart don't do that.  The only time they check is if an item is not in a bag.  They really pay no attention to you as you leave. 

Esteemed Contributor

@World Traveler wrote:

@BalletBabe wrote:

Why you ask????  I have no clue.  No cashiers and long lines.  Is it Christmas or something???  I came home and ventured out in the yard.  Someone explain to me why I have a rooster and a chicken hanging out here?    I am not on a farm last time I checked?    

@BalletBabe I love your sense of humor. Smiley LOL Always look forward to your posts. Heart

@World Traveler  Thanks, I am glad somone understands me.  LOL

Esteemed Contributor

@Jasmine19 wrote:

I enjoyed the original post. Random thoughts, why not? We all have them and it would be kind of cool to find chickens in my yard.🐔🐔🐔🐔

@Jasmine19 LOL  I have a Rooster and a Chicken and they are chasing each other all day.   I love when I let my dog out and she runs after them.   She only wants to play.   I had one come in my garage one day, and could not get rid of it  Finally dropped a laundry basket over it, and took him to the park to play with the other chickens.  

Honored Contributor

@Foolywooly11 wrote:

@BalletBabe: The thing that irritates me most about Walmart is the employee who blocks the exit & wants to compare what you have in your bags to your receipt! I understand, like any retailer, that loss prevention is a major concern, but I don't think I should have to allow some stranger to view the items I have purchased! As far as I'm concerned, they have cameras, security throughout the store, cashiers. That's when they should be monitoring me! But once I've paid for my items, they are mine, & nobody else's business! Unfortunately, they have squeezed out many other retailers in my area; 3 grocery stores & several "general" stores, to name a few, & I find myself patronizing WM sometimes when I happen to be on that side of town, but I try not to make it a habit! 

@Foolywooly11 It does seem really stupid when they position these people between the checkout and the door. I mean, they can clearly see that you have bags and that you just checked out. I realize shoplifters can be very creative, but it seems like it would be hard to snag something extra between the check-out and the door. One has to assume this is not where they're losing a lot of their merchandise to theft.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...