Esteemed Contributor

Why you ask????  I have no clue.  No cashiers and long lines.  Is it Christmas or something???  I came home and ventured out in the yard.  Someone explain to me why I have a rooster and a chicken hanging out here?    I am not on a farm last time I checked?    

Respected Contributor

Re: Today I traveled to Walmart

Someone explain the post to me please?

Trusted Contributor

@BalletBabe: The thing that irritates me most about Walmart is the employee who blocks the exit & wants to compare what you have in your bags to your receipt! I understand, like any retailer, that loss prevention is a major concern, but I don't think I should have to allow some stranger to view the items I have purchased! As far as I'm concerned, they have cameras, security throughout the store, cashiers. That's when they should be monitoring me! But once I've paid for my items, they are mine, & nobody else's business! Unfortunately, they have squeezed out many other retailers in my area; 3 grocery stores & several "general" stores, to name a few, & I find myself patronizing WM sometimes when I happen to be on that side of town, but I try not to make it a habit! 

Honored Contributor

@Foolywooly11 wrote:

@BalletBabe: The thing that irritates me most about Walmart is the employee who blocks the exit & wants to compare what you have in your bags to your receipt! I understand, like any retailer, that loss prevention is a major concern, but I don't think I should have to allow some stranger to view the items I have purchased! As far as I'm concerned, they have cameras, security throughout the store, cashiers. That's when they should be monitoring me! But once I've paid for my items, they are mine, & nobody else's business! Unfortunately, they have squeezed out many other retailers in my area; 3 grocery stores & several "general" stores, to name a few, & I find myself patronizing WM sometimes when I happen to be on that side of town, but I try not to make it a habit! 

@Foolywooly11. My Costco checks receipts when you leave. My Walmart is in a town about 10 miles away. Not a town I care to visit, so have never been to Walmart.

Trusted Contributor

I don't understand the original post either about the chicken... I agree on walking a short distance from the check stand to the door and they ask to see the receipt, as if I'm going to take anything shoplifted out of my purse or pockets and stuff it in my sacks for all to see ! I won't shop there & that's part of it. 

Honored Contributor

Monday is always a very busy day at Walmart.  I won't go there Mondays.  I think many people work weekends and have Monday off. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

There is a greeter at my local Walmart, but they never check your receipt against what is in your shopping bag.  I think the main reason they are there is to keep people from just walking out the door with stuff in their hands.  They will also get someone to load your purchases in your car, if you need that help.  I have seen them putting groceries in cars for the elderly.  I won't use the self serve lines at Walmart, in the rare case there isn't someone at a register, I make them call someone to check me out.  I feel they are just trying to not have to pay someone to do that job.  It may be a low paying job, but it's a job.   Besides, I don't want to check out a full cart of stuff myself. 

Honored Contributor

odd post...as far as the checker goes, this is routine procedure at Sam's Club and Costco.  I guess they are just keeping honest people honest as I've never had one actually check items in my cart.  A sign of the times.

Honored Contributor

??????? 

Honored Contributor

I go to Walmart a lot for groceries.  Not because I like Walmart but it is cheaper on a lot of things.  They recently rearranged our Walmart and you can't find anything.  Also, it seems like there are even less cashiers.  I do not like the self-check out things.  Every time we get in line --- there is always some hold-up --- plus the lines are always long, long, long.  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin