Super Contributor

Thought hosts couldn’t order on air?

Shawn is doing a lot of ordering during the CCB hour. Thought the hosts weren’t allowed to order while hosting a show?
Frequent Contributor

Re: Thought hosts couldn’t order on air?

I thought the same, however, I have been noticing in the past month or so that more than one host has been ordering while on air... Maybe the new theory is if the hosts order...you will too!  There is always a method to the selling and buying madness

Respected Contributor

@ShortyLugNut wrote:
Shawn is doing a lot of ordering during the CCB hour. Thought the hosts weren’t allowed to order while hosting a show?

What would this matter if they can or not?

Respected Contributor

I think that went out the door a long time ago.

Honored Contributor

It's a sales ploy. I never believe hosts when they ask to order what they're showing. They're just trying to get you to buy.

Respected Contributor

I find it hard to believe that SK is ordering her "fashions" from QVC. I agree that it's probably a sales ploy.

Honored Contributor

@Carolina925 wrote:

I find it hard to believe that SK is ordering her "fashions" from QVC. I agree that it's probably a sales ploy.

I think it is a sales tactic also....but I order all my fashions from QVC, why couldn't/wouldn't she?

The Temptations lady wears QVC fashions all the time...skyping from home also...so she must buy.

Trusted Contributor

I used to gag when the hosts would say that.  It used to be they'd have to get someone else to order for them or they'd have to wait until they finished their show.  Yeah, right.  I don't believe they buy all they say they buy unless maybe they get an employee discount.  I DO think Jane buys everything though.  She's something else.  

Spoiler
Spoiler
Smiley Very Happy
Esteemed Contributor

I remember Jacque Gonzalez used to have her phone on air to order. Lisa Robertson used to tell the producer off stage to order for her. Like someone said, is a sales tactic that has been going on a long long time.

Not sure why they wouldn’t be able to order. They claim that they aren’t able to order ahead of time (believe it or not), but I see no issue ordering once everyone gets a chance to.
Esteemed Contributor

Its a sales tactic. They think it will increase sales if the host orders.